Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Never seen anything like it, they will fit off other years\models given on here ( seen them mentioned somewhere ).
Robinsons foundry ( uk based ).

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,636 Posts
Off hand it looks like rust swelled up inside the outer plastic and caused it to split. Was the bike stored outside or somewhere that water could get to it?

Check that the PN is correct but this (aftermarket - not Denso) may be what you need. They're new. There ought to be some cheaper used ones. PM me if shipping from the US is a problem. I'm having a problem with a seller who won't ship from Europe and we might be able to help each other.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They were a bastard to get out as you can see at the top of one of them its destroyed.

I have bought some 2nd hand ones already just waiting for them should be tomorrow. Is there anything in particular spray wise i could use to clean the shafts where the coils are inserted? The spark plugs are still connected

·
Registered
198 Posts
They were a bastard to get out as you can see at the top of one of them its destroyed.

I have bought some 2nd hand ones already just waiting for them should be tomorrow. Is there anything in particular spray wise i could use to clean the shafts where the coils are inserted? The spark plugs are still connected
I would suggest gt85 it will clean and protect, I use it all over mine (even wheel cleaning ).:banana

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,636 Posts
"Is there anything in particular spray wise i could use to clean the shafts where the coils are inserted?"

I'd be paying more attention to the valve cover. It's magnesium and highly susceptible to corrosion. Any scratches through the paint should be covered up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts