1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-----------------
Forwarded Message:
Subj: Have questions.
Date: 9/17/2005 12:04:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time
To: [email protected]

Sir,

I became a paid member of Gixxer.com this evening and was checking out the classifieds. I decided to contact bobbychet about some plastics he's had on there for a while but was directed to register. I though Okay, maybe you need to reg. for classifieds. When I attempted this I was told the user name is in use. Yes, it's me. What's the skinny on this? Is it due to my membership not taking effect just yet?

Thanks,

Derek W DeHaan (DDeHaan)

And after reading 40+ page thread of people complianing for two and three weeks and no admin responses, ddehaan got pissed-

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:15 AM
Subject: Fwd: Have questions.

Hey people, I paid for my red r over a week ago and even emailed you clowns a question. Aperently your response is not to respond, pretty lame way of running a business or what ever. You guys encourage people to send you money but make absoluteley no mention that you will collect these fees, put said fees in the bank and earn interest with it, all the while not producing anything? Can you people spell Class Action Lawsuit? All it takes is one California lawyer worth his weight in dog shit and at the very least you have some expensive leagal issues that you could have avoided.

On a personal note, some people donate because they hear that there a service manuals for those with the red r. Many of those guys and gals assume they will get to use check out the manuals right away and you string em along. Not very cool at all and might even be criminal. Now get your acts together and go buy some respect for the people who send you money which I'm regretting having done.

To which admin replied,

Criminal? You’ve got to be kidding, right? Nowhere does it state that you will be given access immediately. Once long ago, before the “big crash” the Red R’s and access used to be an automated system, now we have to filter through hundreds of emails and manually update everyone’s account. Not only do we receive Red R questions, we have the store emails, general inquiries, personal emails, etc. etc. etc. to go through. Simply put, it just bloody takes time.

Furthermore, your one year subscription doesn’t take effect until your receive your Red R and your account is updated, NOT FROM THE DAY YOU PAY. I suppose that’s criminal.

Collecting interest…..I’m not even going to comment on that!

If the only reason you donated is to access the service manuals then that’s unfortunate. String them along…????

There is a wealth of information on the site that you will never find reading through the magazines, but I suppose that’s one of the reason’s you regret having done it…

At this point, I’d be more than happy to refund your…whatever it is you paid (I’d have to look it up in my Inbox). Choice is yours.

So ddehaan went to work on him,
Look man, it took a pretty severe bitching out just to get a response from you people. In my line of work it's just bad business. You might want to post a disclaimer in the area where the payment is made that 'Hey buddy, don't expect any immediate results from your "donation." What I'm saying is that if you communicate that shit people have a hell of a lot less tendency to get pissed off. Just be straight, people can handle it. I have been a registered member of your site since the beginning of this year and find it's as enjoyable as it is informative and I don't plan on leaving to get my info elsewhere. BUT! That has absolutely no bearing on what irked me and, judging by a whole shitload of postings, a lot of other people. And I think I made myself clear as to what that is I hope. Hell man there are entire threads devoted to your foot dragging! Here's the 20 +page thread:

http://www.gixxer.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=238730&an=0&page=0#238730

And to top it off you get butt hurt because people get pissed and have to resort to kicking the dirt cussin at ya? The issue here isn't me the issue is you guys. The other night I stop at subway to get a sandwich and the 20 year old kid behind the counter who happens to be so proud of his k5 1000 he parks it in front of the door, strikes up a conversation with me and I inevitably tell him of Gixxer.com and even show him the site on my PDA phone. The kid was thrilled man, even wrote down the URL. Now for me 10 bucks is 10 bucks, big freaking deal. But for that kid who's working some shit job just to make the stroke on that 1000, 10 bucks matters, a lot. As I'm sure it does to many others. Think about it.

Lastly if your business is too much to handle, do what the rest of us who are in business for ourselves do. Hire more help! Excuses only go so far. Oh and one more thing, by not stating that it could take two weeks or whatnot to receive anything for the aforementioned donation, you mean to imply that it is immediate. The guy that I ordered by plugs from yesterday didn't just take my money and stand there staring at me. He told me when I could expect something in return for the $24.75 I gave him. What you do is let people guess and assume knowing full well what their guessing and assuming is incorrect and that's fucked up.

Put that in your "Dear Gixxer.com" and watch em elect me president.

So that's that Thanks guys, been fun

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
you missed the best part

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 1:30 AM
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Re: Have questions.

Funny, I don't recall requesting one but since you did I think I'll donate it to Tom Brown (TBrown) in the oiler forums I'll also forward your stunning display of excuses to every one of your advertisers as well as 48 pages of people with the same complaint as I. ( I made sure to download it) And to think I even went so far as to start writing a letter on your behalf when you had someone try and steal your domain name . 15 more min and i'd have been finished with it when word came that it was handled. I remember you pleading for everyone to write this guy, how he was messing with your liveleyhood and takin food off your table and you had every right to be upset but I don't? That's pathetic and you know it. I suppose it's do and say what ever you need to keep from looking at the man in the mirror. Tell you what though son, that way of living makes you one shallow shell of a lonely old man.

Good luck to you,

Derek W. DeHaan

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
Just read the mans Sig Pic!!

"Like It. Love it. Live it or Leave it."

Things aren't always perfect here but they try! Give the Clown a break!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Sorry to hear about the conflict, Derek. I'll miss you around the forums. Peace.

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
oh and FYI, that post your referring to with the 40+ pages post was started by an Admin after the big software upgrade that resulted in the loss of the Red Rs for a large number of our members. That post allowed us to manually give back all the Red Rs to these members.

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
what a dumbass

·
Registered
258 Posts
There is a point, perhaps there should be note on the donation page that says confirmation takes 5-10 business days. Would save a lot of aggrevation on everyones part would it not? Might save same server space too. What with the pages upon pages of people asking..'where's my red R?' (guilty as charged). Must of us know that manual confirmation must take forever, but if people don't know that...well shit happens.

Love this site, and all that is just my dumb opinion! I've learned more here then I could have anywhere else for sure!

Ian

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
I thought it was funny when he was talking about stopping by the Subway and talking to the 20-year-old kid with the K5 1000. Was nice enough to give the kid the URL of the site, and the kid had to write it down.

How in freakin hell can you not remember gixxer.com???? No wonder my fast food orders get screwed up.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Someone got banned for that?

I must be awful bored. I read through all that bullshit too. I hate myself for doing it.

I wish those two would just kiss and make up and save us a whole lotta DRAMA.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Blah blah blah
blah blah blah

There are a few people doing a huge job here for free so STFU

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Thanks Dehann, for directing yet ANOTHER dumbass kid on a 1k to our site.

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Mr Gixxer said:
...that way of living makes you one shallow shell of a lonely old man.
That was my favorite part... :lol:

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Derek came by my place to buy a header about 6 months ago. He is cool people.

But the thread did make me laugh. You should let him back in. Maybe make him appologize. LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
so...in summary,

how's it work? I enjoy, and learn from the forums. Right now, I just need to sell my bike, so I paid for the "R". Just wish I knew reliably when I could expect to be able to post my ad.

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
Bryan-SLC said:
so...in summary,

how's it work? I enjoy, and learn from the forums. Right now, I just need to sell my bike, so I paid for the "R". Just wish I knew reliably when I could expect to be able to post my ad.
you have a red r, post away

is that the only reason you decided to join the site? :rolleyes

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I enjoy this site, and didn't have any problems when I paid my funds, but I think it's obvious that speed is an issue in giving out the R's. Seriously... is there no way that you can set up an email account that is ONLY for paypal notifications of membership payments, and that becomes the #1 job of each day, or at least every 3-4?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts