Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
That will pucker up the ole balloon knot.

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
7,988 Posts
They're cute as hell but I've had close calls and once, a Harley I was coming-up behind got taken out.

Freakin' forest rats.

·
7,988 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot about this.

It's not every day you use your windshield wipers for deer. The real tragedy here is that the 911 was trashed and the Boxster just needed a wash.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dammmmmmmm that will mess your day up
Oh yeah, I forgot about this.

It's not every day you use your windshield wipers for deer. The real tragedy here is that the 911 was trashed and the Boxster just needed a wash.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And you know what that deer was just chilling on the road, didn't even move until i got very close to it. Look as farrr up the road as you can fellas and if you can look in the future even better. Ride safe

·
Registered
Yellow/black 2006 Gsxr 750
12 Posts
Your reaction after you passed it made me crack up :ROFLMAO: “hoooooolllyyyyyy shiiiiiiiiiiii”

I very much would have been rambling into the inside of my helmet the entire rest of the ride if that had been me. Glad you are okay, by the looks of it that road looks like you were pretty far “out there”. My dad hit a deer in the mountains on his bike back in the 70’s while on a road trip from CA to TX and back and had to limp his bike the last 1000 miles going <25mph.

·
7,988 Posts
And you know what that deer was just chilling on the road, didn't even move until i got very close to it. Look as farrr up the road as you can fellas and if you can look in the future even better. Ride safe
While that is generally good advice (looking ahead far down the road), it's virtually useless in terms of deerstrikes. The example in OP's video is very atypical. As someone who has lived in the country or ridden in the hills all my life, deer almost universally cower in the ditch until they can't take it anymore as the sound of your car / bike nears. Then they freak out and leap out onto the road.

They literally seem to wait until you're 10' away, jump in front of you and you're fucked. That's why they always get hit, because the car or bike never has time to react.

I've seen it many, many times. I've never seen one chilling in the middle of the road like that.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Country riding at night is even worse for 'deer strikes'. And no, I rarely ever do it because of this. I came close to hitting a little fawn a few weeks ago. Luckily didn't hit it, and it made it off the road w/o getting hit by other traffic. I"m sure to live, get big, then a hunter can kill it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your reaction after you passed it made me crack up :ROFLMAO: “hoooooolllyyyyyy shiiiiiiiiiiii”

I very much would have been rambling into the inside of my helmet the entire rest of the ride if that had been me. Glad you are okay, by the looks of it that road looks like you were pretty far “out there”. My dad hit a deer in the mountains on his bike back in the 70’s while on a road trip from CA to TX and back and had to limp his bike the last 1000 miles going <25mph.
Hahahahaha i was rambling for the next hour. Can't even imagine hitting one and keep on going. Glad your dad was ok

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
While that is generally good advice (looking ahead far down the road), it's virtually useless in terms of deerstrikes. The example in OP's video is very atypical. As someone who has lived in the country or ridden in the hills all my life, deer almost universally cower in the ditch until they can't take it anymore as the sound of your car / bike nears. Then they freak out and leap out onto the road.

They literally seem to wait until you're 10' away, jump in front of you and you're fucked. That's why they always get hit, because the car or bike never has time to react.

I've seen it many, many times. I've never seen one chilling in the middle of the road like that.
I don't know something about that aerea the deer are just chilling on the road smelling the asphalt. Maybe the special stuff we get in Quebec. That's the second time it has happened, and that is true that they don't move until your 10' away they could jump right left you never know.

·
7,988 Posts
I don't know something about that aerea the deer are just chilling on the road smelling the asphalt. Maybe the special stuff we get in Quebec. That's the second time it has happened, and that is true that they don't move until your 10' away they could jump right left you never know.
Ahhh, a fellow frenchie? Bienvenue mon ami. I should have known... that road looks like the 325/327/329... or any road between here (mtl), Tremblant and Mauricie.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ahhh, a fellow frenchie? Bienvenue mon ami. I should have known... that road looks like the 325/327/329... or any road between here (mtl), Tremblant and Mauricie.
Dans le mille. Spot on it's the second half of the 329 good catch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, just watched this at work.

You Weren't EVEN close to that deer!
That was good enough for me brother. I would rather have it looking pretty in the forest. Sorry for the disappointment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts