Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make decal style number plates. I need to get a set for my spare set of plastic. I don't want to resand the clear coat and try to paint them on.

Having trouble finding them on the web. Plus LP site is down.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
you need yellow? i got some yellow vinyl ones radarb8 gave me. dunno how much tho

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I am newb so Yellow is my color.

Let me know.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
so whats up with the paint work meng

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tired of working the bike for now. And this is the spare/trackday set. I still plan on getting a new set from Godfather too you in Late June.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
ok just wondering when i didnt hear from you last weekend

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
the decal numberplates are very fustrating to put on, to get not bubbles in the sticker is hard. Make sure you have plenty of patience and a hair dryer

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
go to your local vinyl shop and pick up a sheet for $5 bucks and cut some plates the shape you want, throw soapy water on the plastics and stick the plates on and use a squeegy to get the water out!

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fever, You should see my custom decal application. You would think Stevie Wonder put them on, so any additional help I can get is needed ( pre made plates needed).

I do ok with getting the bubbles out but whether it is straight or not is a different story.

Thanks Adam, Contacted them to see if their kit is universal or model specific. Didn't see a kit for the 03 GSXR 6.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Sounds like Senor Fever has done some window tinting in his life time. Chris, that soapy water approach works pretty good..

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have done a few decals myself. My tank decals to cover the stock white I did.

Yeah the soapy water or even just water works well.

Yeah Sorry about contacting you Stalemate. I had to work friday night from 3:30 to 8:00 and drove straight up after work. I had my dad drive as I would have had an assident on the way up if I tried to drive.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Just go buy yourself a can of YELLOW Krylon and paint them on...you'll be much happier!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts