Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I have a really annoying, albeit small piece of the decal missing on my K3 tail, the last 1.5mm of the decal tip has broken away at some point before I got the bike.
Can replacment decals be bought for just the tail section to replace the tiny bit that's missing, or is there some sort of silver touch in pen I could cover it up with maybe ?

It's really annoying as it's the only mark in the bike, it's hard to see but it's the last 1.5mm of the very tip of the decal I've edited the red circle round

Attachments

·
Calamari
306 Posts
You may be able to find a paint marker and do some touch up. Contact member Le skid. He can make any kind of decal you want and does very nice work.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I just went to my local Suzuki dealer and gave them my VIN number and they got me the correct decal i needed.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,565 Posts
Your bike looks like the blue/white YR5 model and I'm assuming that "silver" refers to the color of the decal (looks dark grey in the picture). No guarantee/check with your dealer but I think the decal is 68135-18G00-MZ3. That's going to be pricey for 1.5 mm (the cheapest I see is $34.22). I don't think that it applies here but some decals, notably those on the fuel tank, have a clear coat over them. That would be a significant complication. MZ3 is a color code but it can get complicated for decals where there can be multiple colors, shading, or other effects. You might be able to find some matching touch-up paint but you'll need to be an artist to make it unnoticeable. Don't know about the K3 but Suzuki likes to use a very bright red-orange for the "1000" letters that few aftermarket suppliers can duplicate.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In honesty I think a paint marker will be the way to go
When ever I look at the tail end its the only thing i see....
Here's a better quality picture and you'll see what I mean

Attachments

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,565 Posts
That looks more like a 1/2" portion is missing. Hard to tell but there seem to be two colors, a small bit of black along the bottom and a dark metallic grey above it.

Another approach is to trim the remaining decal in a manner approximating the original. That will remove more material but may not be noticeable unless you look from side to side.

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
I got your message. If I can wrap-up everything for everyone else before Friday, I'll see about getting you a pair of those but before I spend any time on it, can you measure the rough overall width & length to assess if it'll fit in a standard legal sized envelope? If it doesn't, shipping across the pond in some oversized homemade card-stock 'envelope' will likely cost $30-40

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many thanks buddy
Il have a measure up in the morning

I've been in the hospital the last two nights as my son isn't well sadly
But I'll reply with the measurements first thing tomorrow

Thanks again, I really appreciate your time

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Johnny English oh no man that doesn't sound good. I hope his health improves that's the most important thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's been dread mate, he complained of abdominal pain two nights ago
I thought he was just trying it on to stay up late (he's only 5)
But he woke up in tonight screaming and we ended up in accident and emergency and they pumped him full of morphine

At one point he was screaming "am I going to die daddy?" I'm welling up just typing it out
My wife is at the hospital, I've not long been home after an 8 hour stint.
His bloods are all clear, as is his urine and they don't know why he's in such agony.
I'm just praying I isn't anything sinister :(

So I haven't really thought much about the bike the last couple of days in honesty
I've just logged on as I can't sleep tbh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
Johnny English
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing