Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
I paid $9700+tax for my K5. Friend told me they only made about $150 on me.
More like $545.00. The Dealer cost of the K5 is $9155. I'm not sure what other charges you've included in the $9700. just subtract the other charges (If applicable) and you will have an idea on what the dealer made.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Every dealer pays the same price for the bike no-matter how many bikes they sell or how big there shop is. What does help the dealers when they do sell alot of bikes is the next year they will have the ability to order more than other dealers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pulled the invoice from cyclebuy.com, here is the scoop...

Dealer Cost is 9130.00/ that INCLUDES freight. Add another 25.00 to the dealer cost if the bike was shipped after 1 January, 2005(Which it was). The assembly cost per suzuki is 50.00. Dealerships will charge you a ridiculous amount for freight and assembly, so watch out. So the Ready to Sell Cost is 9180.00 or 9205.00 depending on the shipped date. Also, something else you might want to tell the dealer is.... That you know they get 3% holdback from suzuki... that's about another 300.00 dollars they will be making off you.
Hope this helps BopBoy...

·
Registered
17 Posts
So...I'm assuming you all don't want the dealers to make a dime from the sell of a unit?
Is $500 too much profit for their investment of a shop, inventory, employees and the convenience of being open on the weekend for when your tire goes flat? I don't think so.
Is a $1000 too much profit is your dealer gives you superior service? Hell no. It sounds to me that your dealer is filled with runny nosed teenagers that don't have a care.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD FIND A BETTER DEALER!

Not every bike has the margin that the 1000 has. I can assure you on some units, the margin is less than 10%. You business majors can attest, you can't make a living and pay the bills on less than 25%.
Hey, I'm all about a good deal like the next guy but let's all keep in mind that profit is what keeps the lights on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Right.... I'll just cut-n-paste some of my original post, in case you missed it the first go 'round.

Not every bike has the margin that the 1000 has. I can assure you on some units, the margin is less than 10%. You business majors can attest, you can't make a living and pay the bills on less than 25%.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.