Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I got home one day, flushed my radiator and did an oil change. Turned my bike on and an F1 showed up. Got the dealer code saying -C00. I noticed a minus symbol in the front. What does this mean? Can someone help me please?

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
*FI=Fault Indicator

Did you turn off the engine before you put it in dealer mode? I would also suggest you get yourself a service manual. the - in front of C00 is the TPS adjustment. With the engine warmed to operating temperature at idle, the dash should be in the middle. If it is on top or bottom, your TPS needs to be adjusted.

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
*FI=Fault Indicator

Did you turn off the engine before you put it in dealer mode? I would also suggest you get yourself a service manual. the - in front of C00 is the TPS adjustment. With the engine warmed to operating temperature at idle, the dash should be in the middle. If it is on top or bottom, your TPS needs to be adjusted.

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Oh, the dash is in the center.
Then it is properly adjusted. To get codes, the dash needs to be flashing FI alternating with engine temperature. Leave the engine running or the code is not retrievable without the SDS which the dealer can charge $80.00 or more to retrieve the code. I have this so dealer mode is just a flip of the toggle switch.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
I have that switch mounted on both my 600 and 1000 just for preventative measure. As mentioned if you shut the bike off you risk losing the error code, so plugging one of those switches in and having it in an easy to reach spot can let you flip it into dealer mode immediately after getting an FI light so you can grab the error codes before shutting the bike off.

You can find those switches for cheap on eBay, thats where I got mine from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts