Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
de-restricting a gsxr 750 (\'98)

hi guys,

do any of you know how to de-restrict a '98 gsxr 750? here in france bikes are restricted to 100 HP

cheers,

guttermatt.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Re: de-restricting a gsxr 750 (\'98)

hey mate

the way i'm lead to believe, if its restricted the same way a the german bikes, the cam shafts your running are the biggest resriction

might be wrong though

·
Registered
691 Posts

I have a japanese spec model and it's restricted to 76 Hp
.I can tell you that changing the CDI and the jets((127.5 outer/125 inner(which is coincidentally stock on stateside models from what I know))to 132.5/130 helped a little.I'm not sure what else there is besides the cams(like Dan said) that restrict it.I thought the stock 96-99's made "only" 109-115 Hp on a good day,so Guttermatt isn't far off the standard?
Do you think that swapping the cams out would contribute to finding the "missing" 34 ponies on my lead-sled(and Guttermatt's)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

thanks guys,

gixxerjimmy i guess 96 to 99 gixxers do make 115 HP but that's at the rear wheel; when I say that bikes in france make 100 HP it's at the crank so I'm pretty far off the standard... you say your bike only makes 76HP but where? at the crank, the clutch, the rear wheel? in any case you're missing more than 34 ponies...and I thought France was bad!

mat

·
Registered
691 Posts

That was rear wheel horsepower,so at the crank I guess it would be making in the neighborhood of 90-100 hp.Either way it sucks horse cock,ya know

·
Banned
6,048 Posts

i always thought that restrictor plates were used....

ive seen some 411 on em before....\

·
Registered
691 Posts

Did some searching and found out that suzuki used a restrictor(on japanese spec models) in their gear boxes that would retard the timing or something like that(so the total power output was 100 hp at the crank).It involved clipping a wire from the CDI(pink I think)and adding a resistor to it.Does anyone know more about this mod?

·
Registered
691 Posts

It sounds like I'm describing the TRE mod here,but I went on some UK forums and they described something of this sort for their restricted carbureted gsxr's.Hopefully someone can shed some light on this...

·
Registered
437 Posts

For the carbed ones they probably use restrictor plates just like they use on NASCAR cars. I would pull the carbs off and see if there is anything there.

·
Registered
691 Posts

No restrictor plates here..Believe me,I've had my carbs off twice this past week.Once to put the jets in,and again when I forgot to check for restrictor plates

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts

You live in Japan... so just call Suzuki... or better yet... go there and bang down their door and demand they give you a race engine! I'm sure they've got one just sitting there from a 96-99 that they won't use

Dam restrictors...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts