Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I picked this item at Ebay for $120. Apparently it's a Daytona with 8 adjustments. It came with two clamps. One of these two clearly holds the damper. Where does the other, big one go. Do I need any other parts to make it work? I haven't got a clue how to go about it. I've been told that Daytona are not very good. $120 is cheapish for me as I live in London and here new cost about $270. It would be a bad bargain if I needed any other parts or mounting kit for it. The seller said that it was complete with fittings. Do we need only these two clamps to mount it?

Cheers
Raz

·
Registered
617 Posts
That is all that you need if you already have the damper mounting stub on the left side. If not you are going to need to get a well not bolted or welded on.

If you look at the pic. Above the black sticker there is a potrusion. It comes standard on the 98-99 + 750's. Make sure that the damper has free movement behind the headlight. I have a side mount that is a race only and doesn't fit with the headlight on.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx a lot.
I have that stub on my bike but it does feel a bit cramped around the headlight area. Will try again tomorrow morning. I think the big clamp holds left fork and the little one the damper and the bolting screww that bolts it to the beam frame. Many thanks.

Will update on progress tomorrow.
Raz

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yeah, sorry. The ball end fits into the frame. The circle clamp goes around the leg. Its probably going to be cramped. As long as the damper does not hang on anything it will be ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts