Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone no if I fit aftermarket front indicator lights ,will it get ride of those annoying daytime running lights, thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm trying to get rid of this feature too.
Bike seems a Christmas tree day and night!
I do not think that changing the blinkers will change anything, thought.
A colleague at work with electronics background is helping me solve the issue.
I'll post some info as soon as I know something.
Cheers

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The main reason I want the daytime running lights turned off, is I've got the r model headlight with the led's to fit , also I had a guy pull out on me because he thought my indicator was on. This has happened twice , (no damage ) . But may not so lucky next time . Anyhow thought I maybe able to just disconnect the front indicators and then connect wiring from my rear indicators to front ,but a soon as I disconnected the front indicator the flash rate increased, if anyone figures out , please let us no . Cheers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone found anybody selling these in the aftermarket world? Suzuki does not sell them separately and I refuse to spend $716.00 on the full RR assembly. Thanks for any help in the matter

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I fitted the flush mount indicators some time back , it doesn't get rid of the drls , and they stopped working after afew weeks , so put oe ones back on, there's someone on ebay selling drl delete , there simply plug&play , ive had mine for over a year now , they work great , indicate as they should and no more drls ,

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anyone found anybody selling these in the aftermarket world? Suzuki does not sell them separately and I refuse to spend $716.00 on the full RR assembly. Thanks for any help in the matter
Hi , u can purchase a second hand r model headlight , theres always someone selling ,as alot convert there bike for track , then u simply wire the drls to the low beam headlight , works great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I modified the wiring harnesses and plugs to turn my running light into indicators. I removed the factory mirrors with integrated TS lights. Swapped the bulbs out for LED. I kept all factory plugs as well in case the bike ever goes back to stock

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi , u can purchase a second hand r model headlight , theres always someone selling ,as alot convert there bike for track , then u simply wire the drls to the low beam headlight , works great.
Gazcop1- thanks for the information Brother. I actually have a RR. The issue I am having is finding just "one" led DRL. I need the left side DRL as mine has been destroyed in a low speed Low side. I have been looking every single day for the last 3 weeks. I actually still have the housing and working LED just the lens has been cracked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to get rid of this feature too.
Bike seems a Christmas tree day and night!
I do not think that changing the blinkers will change anything, thought.
A colleague at work with electronics background is helping me solve the issue.
I'll post some info as soon as I know something.
Cheers

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

Hello bud, I've tried messaging you with no luck. I've heard you have found a fix for the indicator drl issue. If you could help dude.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi , theres a guy on this forum were u can purchase plug&play drls delete , if u type in advanced search, his username which is, abarthoso , he should sort u out . Let me know if u get sorted , sorry late getting back to u , don't seem to get alerts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts