Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of all the gixxer's around, mine seems to be the only one with these ugly dark blue rims. I want them white in the worst way. Should I have them powdercoated or do it my self. With painting wierd stuff, where I have to tape a million things off I seem to do a pretty nice job, so would it be a bad idea?

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Powdercoating is the way to go. Or you could find a pair of 17" wheels in white and bolt them on...

I will warn you, white is a pain to keep clean.

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by doody head:
Could you let me know how much the shop is going to charge you?

Thanks!
<hr></blockquote>

free maybe?

or close to it

it seems that whenever I toss around the fact that I own this site people give me things

·
Registered
263 Posts
I called a place near me when I was thinking about powdercoating the '92 1100 wheels I was putting on my '86 750. The place told me $75 a wheel if I brought them there already glass beaded. I ended up stripping the outer part of the rim and polishing it, it looks pretty good and cost only a couple of dollars in supplies. Maybe one day I'll get them coated but doing the swap is costing enough money for now. Have you given any thought to getting a set of white wheels of a later model? It is a pretty easy swap and the tire choices are so much better not to mention the old bikes look way cool with a big 180/55-17 stuffed under their tail!! If you decide to go that route let me know I can help and I have a guy who'll make up the spacers for the front end for a reasonable price, everything else is pretty straight foward.

John

·
Registered
105 Posts
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
[QB]I know you'll pay more in Canadian but here's a pair of wheels pretty cheap on ebay with 5 days to go...

Damn it! I just spent $280 on a set of Avons for my stock 18" rims

Will those wheels work with the stock brake calipers? Do you just need spacers to fit them?
17" rims are going to be my next mod, so I will be hitting you guy's up for info. I know you have talked about it many time before but I never wrote down any of the info

1 - 12 of 12 Posts