Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The K6 600 that I picked up has a Danos stand-alone on it that the previous owner said he was having issues with and disconnected. Claimed it would cut out on him/run glitchy.
I reconnected everything today and ran it through a couple gear changes...about 15 seconds in the bike dies and won’t restart...until I disconnected the QS.
I’ve emailed Danos for suggestions...their thoughts...my linkage isn’t at 90 degrees (it’s been spun for gp shift, so yeah)
How on earth would THAT cause these issues?

https://imgur.com/a/jYl9zSh

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
Your issue is electrical and the receptionist with no knowledge blamed your issue on mechanical.

I'm leaning toward corrosion/loose connection on your quickshifter, somewhere. You have to remove it completely and start checking wire continuity. If that checks out, you need to start looking at the brain box of the unit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would agree with you. Funny thing is, this solution came from “Dano” himself, lol. Anyway, I tried his solution with no change. Next suggestion from the braintrust was disconnecting the switch and seeing if the problem persists, isolating the switch and control box from the equation (the more probable electrical explanation).
Haven’t had the opportunity yet. Will advise. I’m losing patience with them though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Madman213
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing