Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the deal guys!? It seems like every time I shift from 1st into 1.5th, the motor just spins freely! Anymore if I want to go anywhere I have to just skip 1.5th altogether and just shift from 1st to 2nd!

Did I crack the 1st to 1.5th synchro or something? If thats the case then I must have also busted the 2nd to 1.5th synchro as well cause it does this when I downshift too!

Should I switch to synthetic tranny oil? Should I switch to anti-seize (or is that only for the engine??)

Maybe I've got too much oil in there and 1.5th is just too slippery to catch! I bet that's it! I'm gonna go drain the tranny oil and hit the freeway to see if that cures the problem!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
i broke that tha second i pulled out of the dealer so i walked it back to the dealer.
and they had the nerve to look at me like i had 6 heads.
so i went to there parts dept. to order a new one it was only 29.95 so i figured hell i'll order two

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
Check your original invoice and see if you even have the 1.5 gear option. If you didn't pre-order the bike and bought it off the showroom floor I really doubt you have it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
this is a common problem. the easy way to fix it (that the dealer doesnt want you to know about) is when in the 1.5th gear to pin the throttle wide open and then without using the clutch to slam it down into first.

its almost guaranteed that you wont have that problem again.

[ 01-03-2003, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: Vash the Stampede ]

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Originally posted by Vash the Stampede:
this is a common problem. the easy way to fix it (that the dealer doesnt want you to know about) is when in the 1.5th gear to pin the throttle wide open and then without using the clutch to slam it down into first.

its almost guaranteed that you wont have that problem again.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You are going to get someone killed!

·
Registered
35 Posts
It sucks when 1.5 doesn't work because downshifting to 1.5 and givin' it hell is the easiest way to learn how to wheelie.

Suzuki weak 1.5 gear

1 - 10 of 10 Posts