Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between Geesxara scoring his mint Katana,and le skid posting all these old-school Suzuki's,I'm starting to clean a path to my '82 and roll(try at least)it up onto the work stand and start tinkering.

I've been stashing away parts for it for years,I have a complete K5 front end,wheels,an 1100WC front end(no wheels though),various swingarm(s) and shocks blah blah blah. I have to purchase a battery&some carbs though;the RS40's that were on it went to a buddy to help his cause. I see they haven't gotten any cheaper over the years either :thumbdown

It ran like a champ when I parked it,I topped off the tank and added stabilizer and still smells like gasoline so thats good,I also sprayed oil in the cylinders and cranked it over for a bit;I'm not anticipating any issues when time comes to fire it up. It's been sitting under a moving blanket in a climate controlled environment and there's no surface rust after all these years.

I'll try and get some pics once I get it on the stand ;)

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,742 Posts
Fuck yeah, glad to be a bad influence :punk

Meanwhile, I'm still flipping back & forth between two options:

• Option A) Two early 80s GS 1100s - an E and an ES, to splice together one perfect ES
  • Option B) A single '88 GSXR 1100*, which is better, since I already have "Andre's K6 literbike**" in my living room, since I have NO GARAGE

* Not the one I posted a couple days back, since that ass won't answer so I can actually fucking buy it. I found another one, who already has a deposit... I won't know until next weekend grrrrrrrrr :frantic
** my mocking tribute to @Todd_Sails :lmao

·
IM THE BRONZE
1,336 Posts
Between Geesxara scoring his mint Katana,and le skid posting all these old-school Suzuki's,I'm starting to clean a path to my '82 and roll(try at least)it up onto the work stand and start tinkering.

I've been stashing away parts for it for years,I have a complete K5 front end,wheels,an 1100WC front end(no wheels though),various swingarm(s) and shocks blah blah blah. I have to purchase a battery&some carbs though;the RS40's that were on it went to a buddy to help his cause. I see they haven't gotten any cheaper over the years either :thumbdown

It ran like a champ when I parked it,I topped off the tank and added stabilizer and still smells like gasoline so thats good,I also sprayed oil in the cylinders and cranked it over for a bit;I'm not anticipating any issues when time comes to fire it up. It's been sitting under a moving blanket in a climate controlled environment and there's no surface rust after all these years.

That's great OG. These torque motors are fun to ride. Just make sure the K5 front forks are long enough not to cause rake and trail issues. On the Katana, it's been recommended a 93-95 GSXR750 front end, forks are longer. And some 1100's.
Just make sure you don't get wobble issues. Higher the rear also decreases trail.
Oh and the CRB 954 triple trees, taper the top tree down and adds another inch to your fork length.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Geesxara
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing