Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I have 2 friend with the same boots and the same problem....They just deal with it...I had the SMX leathers and the zipper broke.Wasnt to impressed with them either.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
WD-40 - works for Sidi Vertebras and is even recommended in the instruction booklet that comes with them

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
My JR Hard Drive don't squeek at all

·
Registered
457 Posts
Mine squeak as well.....but I figure if I'm walking into a restaurant wearing full leathers with knee pucks then the squeaking is only 1 more thing drawing attention to myself.

If you're going to wear a get-up like that you have to be able to handle a certain amount of attention.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
should have bought the Supertech...peace and quiet. egle..why did you not talk to the reps i alpinestars. they really have a good customer service!!!

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this is the reply i got back from alpinestars...

Dear Sir,
Thank you for contacting Alpinestars. What you can do to minimize the
Squeaking noise is to use a piece of sand paper to rub the plastic part
Of the ankle guard inside part near the rivet.

The smx boot is a road racing
Boot with a great deal of protection in this area they are not a everyday
Touring boot.

If you would like to send your boots in to us and we can take
Care of the noise please feel free to contact us at any time at the number
below
And ask for product support.

Brett Neal
Product Support

Alpinestars Inc.
Torrance (CA) USA
ph. (+1) 310 891 0222
ph. (+1) 800 727 8277
fax. (+1) 310 891 0299
email: [email protected]
www.alpinestars.com

·
Registered
888 Posts
alpine star are cool guys, mine dont make noise...maybe i just dont realize it cause iam so happy to be riding....but they are a race boot, so i guess for the protection you sacrafice. But mine are just fine, and i got a 1 piece from them and seeing there stuff in person, i really see how good quality they make there stuff! alpine star is way worth the money anyday!

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Mine sqeeke too. But when I'm in public, I'm also in my race suite. So I really stand out..

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WD-40 - works for Sidi Vertebras and is even recommended in the instruction booklet that comes with them
Well i went ahead and used some WD-40 and it solved the problem for today but i dont know if it will last long but i figured id start with the easiet solution first then start sanding things down like A-Stars tech said to do... dont really want to sacrafice protection by sanding shit down like they said to do or they will do for free...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Sanding will not sacrifice the protection. All that you need to do is scuff the area that is rubbing. You do not need to sand the plastic off
The smooth surface area where the 2 pieces of plastic contact are the cause of all your woes. I had the same problem. wd 40 is a quick fix, but try a minor sanding and that will rid you of the sqeaks

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
problem is that i think the sound is coming from where the rivets connect the outer plastic and thats really not near the edge of the boot and no sense in sanding off too much to get to that area... if the sound comes back i may consider it... but really im just lazy and dont have the time

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Well i went ahead and used some WD-40 and it solved the problem for today but i dont know if it will last long but i figured id start with the easiet solution first then start sanding things down like A-Stars tech said to do... dont really want to sacrafice protection by sanding shit down like they said to do or they will do for free...
Hmm - maybe a little moly grease would do the trick - stays on longer than WD-40

1 - 18 of 18 Posts