Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, I got one really big gripe about my K5 ( I guess any new bike now)

Damn nanny state, European Unoin regulations mean that since 04 all new bikes in England dont have light switches (except full beam)
Is this the same in the USA?

And if so has any one modified their K5 to turn the lights off?
I want to be able to have the lights on when I choose and not when I think a cop with a radar gun is going to be hiding behind a hedge, picking me up because I'm all lit up like a damn christmas tree.

okay, I want alot
I want to be able to disable the lights ( like when I am opening her up on a low traffic road), but I want to be able to turn them back on whilst I'm still riding without getting off my bike and opening up her guts (like when I'm zipping through traffic). I want to be able to use my pass flash with the lights disabled. essentialy as I could on my 02 R1.

I want all this , and I don't want the mods to look like some one in nursery school had done the wiring job.
any ideas????

H

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn!, I thought we had it bad over here! looks like we have had it good in the uk until the last couple of years, I dont want to be told that I have to have my lights on, It really makes you stand out, which is fine for saftey in many instances, but not what you want all the time.
Any ideas anyone?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Man....as long as I can remember the headlights on motorcycles have always been full on....with only the option to switch from low to high beams
+1

Not only that, but I ride with my highbeams on ALL THE TIME. I'd rather not have some old bitch in her minivan not see me coming than worry about evading a cop.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Bikes were visible back in the day. then the law was changed here that ALL new cars have lights on. So now we're back to invisible. So riging with high beams on is preferred here.

As to killing the lights. Of course it's possible. Rig up a switch to the ground. As to how pretty you want to make it is up to you and your patience/skill

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your right, if all vehicles have their lights on then it does make you invisible again. Still, I am coming around o the idea.

I love my K5.
With my R1 I always had to be in the right gear with the revs right up to stay ahead/ keep up with ZX10 and K4. The engine is so flexible.
I saw 160mph today on speedo. Felt solid, but I realy had to tuck in. I used to get my R1 upto 181mph (spedo reading, probably a bit enthusiastic/optimistic) with a double bubble. Need a better screen, my neck got a little tired.
okay thanks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you, thats ace
h

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.