Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a ticket for a 102 in a 55, remote area etc - but still no excuse. At first the trooper was gonna arrest me (I'm think great, glad I stopped...) then it was taking my license, then it was just the ticket. So all in all I was lucky that I didn't go to jail last night.

So I want to avoid insurance cost etc, because I got a ticket a couple months back in my truck for like 79 in a 70, but they said if I didn't get any other moving violations for a year that ticket would be dropped due to the fact that I had a clean record at 22 years old. So that will also come back on me.

I have until January for the court date. If I lawyer up should I be able to get out of having a violation on my record? I know its gonna hurt my pocket any which way you slice it, but I really would prefer to keep it off my record.

I'm sure I'll get flamed, I shouldn't have been going that fast on public roads (most of you do this and then some anyways). I have seen more fatality accidents than I wanted to in my previous line of work, and just was having too much fun after a week apart from my new bike.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Get an attorney. Have him push the date bcak 3 or 4 times. That may clear out the first ticket seeing you don't have a conviction within that year on another ticket. Then hope the cop doesn't show up. Also if you can't afford it don't ride that fast.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Definately get a lawyer. Gonna be a BIG stretch to turn 47mph over the limit into a non-moving violation.

You should have gone to court for that 79 in a 70 and had them drop that one down to something that was a non-moving violation. That would have been much easier and it would also put you in a better position right now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Friend just came across this the other day, only in a car. Criminal speeding, 110 in a 65. Went exactly the same way that yours did as I was in the truck watching the whole thing go down. He got an excellent lawyer, easily the best around here and got it dropped down yesterday to just a speeding voilation for 29 over, and paid a fine with community service, and defensive driving. Better than up to 30 days in jail and a class E crime on your record.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.