Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
my rear 218 only lasted me 1300 miles, no burnouts, all street. And they falt like crap. Took forever to heat up, very little feedback. I liked the onld 208's better, but do what lexus said and get you some Powers. If you don't do ANY rain riding, go ahead and spring for some metzeler rennsports or pirelli supercorsas. You WON'T be disappointed.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I got 7500 miles out of the stock 218's, that's with an occasional burnout here and there. 7500 was when the tire was completely bald. I also just put on a set of pilot powers and yes now that I look back, the stock tire does feel like crap compared to the michelins.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Jeesh, I got 4000 miles out of the D218 rear tire. The front was still OK but I changed it anyways. Alot of the wear was in the center from standups (I could see the threads before I changed it). I've never had them slip either, in wheelies or twisties, and my "chicken strips" are quite small (1/4"). Take it easy on the street guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.