Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up.

I couldn't find a site that had instructions on installing the sreen, so here you go, I installed the screen on my 07 600 about an hour ago.

Installation time, 20min

Tools: Phillips screw driver

Wratchet
10mm Socket

OK.

1. Remove the screws around the windscreen

2. Remove or loosen both bolts that are holding the mirrors underneath the front fairing, get some play on the mirrors byl lifting them up a bit. I did not remove them because I didn't want to disconnect the blinker connections.

3. Remove the screen.

4. Switch all rubber grommets from the old screen to your new one.

5. Install screen, INSTALL SCREWS FIRST, then bolts.

DONE.

Also install screws with minimum amount of torque, to much torque could warp your front fairing.

This is DIY that I did myself, I am not a professional, nor claim to be, use this info at your own risk.
:flipoff

·
Registered
136 Posts
Right on, bro, it looks great on your bike. Thanks for the write up:) First post and he's already telling people what to do! HAHAHA. Welcome, by the way...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
good info. that gsx-r logo on the base is a nice touch. do you notice a difference in wind flow compared to the stock windshield?

·
Registered
238 Posts
WaynesNside said:
Those mirror bolts can be a pain.
I second this, the mirror bolts were a PITA.

Also, mine rattled at high revs so i torqued the screws down a bit more to make it stop.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
WaynesNside said:
Those mirror bolts can be a pain.

Looks good.
Hell yeah they are . Mine stripped out of the mirror and I took them out slowly and carefully . It happened when I changed both my bikes windscreens . Any suggestions on how to keep that from happening ? Im about to change mine to the one in this post .

·
Registered
402 Posts
I had to take my bike to the dealer to get those fuckin mirror bolts out. Were going to charge me but it didnt take them enough time to do so.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I put the same one on my bike without loosening the mirrors and had no problems at all. Definitely be careful about how much you torque the screws like he said.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the comps. As soon as I get some new project going I'll post them, I should of done an oil change d.i.y. , but I got lazy when I was changing it.

:cheers

·
Registered
321 Posts
someone did actually ask for a tutorial(d.i.y) for oil change. :hammer

Am I the only one who finds it very very simple to install a windscreen???

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
image12 said:
someone did actually ask for a tutorial(d.i.y) for oil change. :hammer

Am I the only one who finds it very very simple to install a windscreen???
no... some people are just not that mechanicaly inclined I guess... Then there are the people who can do it themselves, but just "Want to be sure"

·
Registered
377 Posts
Chriscrct said:
no... some people are just not that mechanicaly inclined I guess... Then there are the people who can do it themselves, but just "Want to be sure"
wow if u cant even switch out the windscreen :hammer

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
haha the old windscreen will pretty much tell you how to do it if you just look at it... BUT some people are just anal retentave and dont take chances with messing with anything. I am more the person, just to do it, than read a little about it in the middle of the project. finish the project and reflect that if I would of read a little more about it first. I wouldnt of just done twice the work that i should of. Everything tends to come out alright though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
18 Participants
jefftward
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing