Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's using one on their 01 750?
I presently have the Yosh slip-on but I have heard one of the D&D cans and they sound badazz.
How much are these for a 01 750 application?
A part number and place to purchase new or used would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
well you would have to get a bolt on pipe if you still have the stock header...i have a used one for sale..but it has a tad bit of rash on it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
onefast750 said:
well you would have to get a bolt on pipe if you still have the stock header...i have a used one for sale..but it has a tad bit of rash on it.
So basically I would need new headers or is there a pipe I can get that will bolt on to my stock headers and to the D&D can?

onefast750 do you have the bolt-on pipe w/the can??
You have PM.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
its not even funny how loud they are, your ears will buzz after a little while.

·
Registered
152 Posts
yes these pipes are extremely loud but, loud pipes save lifes and i also get TONS of compliments on how good my bike sounds. but yeah..if u have a stock header, this pipe will bolt DIRECTLY to ur pipe.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
haha, they are loud b/c they are junk

if your getting comments you must be hanging out with some weird people.

and the whole loud pipes saves lives anaolgy is so botched up its not even funny - its rediculous.

be smart, get something with some R&D behind it, and take care of your bike.

look for an m4/arrow/better yoshi?/leo vince SBK ect..

nothing worse then someone riding around looking for attention by keeping their bike in 1st gear just so it'll scream. all a loud pipe does, is allow cops to know that you don't know how to shift haha

·
Registered
152 Posts
for your information..i ride with people who have yosh pipes and i still get compliments on it. just because you can't handle a loud pipe..dont cry to us about it. :cheers

·
Registered
152 Posts
getting the compliments from the guys WITH the yosh pipes

·
Registered
178 Posts
ever notice that D&D is like the cheapest pipe to buy? I wonder why. Please do everyone a favor and look at another pipe please :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
i have a d&d on my 2000 gsxr 600. i HATE it. loud pipes do not get you noticed. i've had many close calls and that pipe does not get "stupidity's" attention. i just got my 2004 gsxr with a trioval yosh and i love it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Everyone has their own opinions and if this guy decides that he likes the sound, don't try and steer him away

·
Registered
210 Posts
yosh sounds the best in my opinion.

buddy of mine had an 05 600 with a full D&D exhaust, and you could hear it from miles away, the only thing it would attract is a cops attention. loud pipes don't save lives, i don't know who came up with that, but it's bullshit. if someone is gonna hit you, they're gonna hit you, regardless of what they hear.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just dont comment If you dont know what your talking about , loud pipe's are annoying to other ppl but it does saves live's. Its true that it attracks to much attention (popo's) but your not suppose to be avoiding em if your riding the right way.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
frisco750 said:
loud pipe's are annoying to other ppl but it does saves live's.
They don't. Don't fool yourself. People inside a moving car with the windows closed will not hear a bike, even with a D&D, unless the bike is in front of them with the exhaust opening towards the car. Sorry to burst you bubble.

Just dont comment If you dont know what your talking about
Pot, meet kettle...

Just always ride like all cagers are blind, deaf and retarded and you'll have a better chance :)

And for the record - D&D quality is crap compared to Yosh

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
and how would a loud pipe save your life when the only real time you can hear one (ifyour in a car) is if you are following someone that has it. if they are behind you....you wont even know it.

D&D=:squid pipe of choice

·
Registered
386 Posts
Nothing wrong with a D&D.

On bigger bikes they sound better, the 600's get raspy at higher RPM's but I personally prefer the sound. I have a d&d show-n-go on my 02 600 (came w/bike).

I've heard a gsxr 750 with a yosh exhaust(slip-on) and it sounds like a weedeater. However, I have heard a yosh on a r6 and it sounded nice. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder(or ear!!)

I've been recently thinking of going to a full yosh system with a custom high-mount pipe..

·
Registered
117 Posts
This thread is old, but there are wa too many D&D pipes out there. i hate the way they sound. they are too loud. some people like them for that reason, but i think the only people that like loud pipes are people that ride around town reving there engine like it's a sportscar.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.