Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up my bike today, 01' GSX-R600, and my D&D slip-on should be comming in today as well. I was considering putting it on myself because I've heard it's not that hard. But, I've also heard something about the new Suzuki's having a flange on the pipe that I will have to saw off in order to install the D&D slip-on. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? Has anyone installed a new slip-0n themself and was it hard? One other thing I heard was that I may have to rejet the bike because of the slip-on. That sounds kinda complicated, will this be something I will need a professional to do if it has to be done? One more question, as far as the standard Warranty on Suzukis go, will my warranty be void if I were to install a slip-on. If anyone has had experience with any of my questions or just know the answer, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.

------------------

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you bought the bolt-on, it should bolt right on the stock flanges using your stock gasket. If you receive the slip-on, I suggest you return that one for exchange to the bolt-on one. I have a D&D on my GSX-R1000 and it fits really good. Try to mount the hanger on the outside or inside the footpet mount to find out the better position. I found mine to fit better bolting the hanger on the outside of the footpeg. As for jetting, your bike is EFI. You don't really need a Power Commander but it would be better if you have one. I hope this helps.

------------------

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
I am going to move this to the General Discussion because there is more traffic in there and this would be delt with better in that forum.
I would wait until you break in the bike Just In Case before installing it.
Anyone know about the flanges on the newer Gix's?

jontflesh

------------------
"Give me back my hand you bastards!" Ash to Deadites
Click Picture to see useless site

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Well I was but I guess since I do not moderate this section it will not let me. I will start a new thread in GD for ya biscuit478 and send them here

jontflesh

------------------
"Give me back my hand you bastards!" Ash to Deadites
Click Picture to see useless site

·
Registered
40 Posts
All the 2001 GIXXERS bolt pattern are the same. As the matter of fact, the D&D bolt-on canister is the same part number for the 600, 750 and the 1000. I have one that's how I know.

------------------

·
Registered
263 Posts
Re: D&D SLIP-ON QUESTIONS

I would say just take the hacksaw and cut the pipes right at the head, then you'll have a no restriction exhaust which is definitely the best. You also said you were going to put the D&D on yourself, what part of you were you going to put it on or should I not ask since this is a "family" forum? Be careful if you put it on yourself, you may get an injury!!

John

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts

Mounting a slip-on? Easy! Just use duct tape

·
Registered
7,539 Posts

I have found that D&D notoriously undersized thier muffler bearings, I would suggest getting a slightly oversized C3 fit one as a spare.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts