Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much should I expect to pay for this system?Where can I check the price for it on the internet?. I have heard that D&D is loud, is it even louder than Yosh RS3?

Cheers (in advance)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a D&D show and go system. black forward pipes aluminum tube with chrome tip and bracket. Taking off bike shitty pic but it is mint

[ 08-13-2002, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: skiing_xtreme ]

·
Registered
838 Posts
I had a full yosh RS3 race and I hated it. Wasn't loud at all. Bought a Jardine race slip on and it sounds great. D&D's are annoying to me, they are just way too loud. But that is my opinion. Others will probably differ.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I might be the odd man out here. LOL
I don't have the full pipe, but do have a D&D slip on and it's quiet.. Like purring quiet. I have a 96 gixxer750 with it and sounds great. Very low but not hollow rumble. I really like it but have to admit it's always one of the quietest around other bikes. Sure is a purrty can though.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
My mate Matt had a D&D full system on his old GSXR750K and you could hear him start his bike roughly 2 miles away. It would set off car alarms without needing to rev it up and another of my mates reported having ringing in his ears after being passed in a tunnel at full revs.

Loud is not the word. I think the bike would have been quieter with no exhaust at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by Chuckie:
I might be the odd man out here. LOL
I don't have the full pipe, but do have a D&D slip on and it's quiet.. Like purring quiet. I have a 96 gixxer750 with it and sounds great. Very low but not hollow rumble. I really like it but have to admit it's always one of the quietest around other bikes. Sure is a purrty can though.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm with ya there CHuckie, I too have the D&D slip-on. Sounds great but I wouldn't call mine purring quiet. It's not screamin' loud, but somewhere in between

·
Registered
343 Posts
[/qb][/QUOTE]I'm with ya there CHuckie, I too have the D&D slip-on. Sounds great but I wouldn't call mine purring quiet. It's not screamin' loud, but somewhere in between

Well don't feel so odd now..

hehe

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
raz

theres a d+d full system, all polished stainless steel with carbon round can, connecters etc just come on ebay

200 notes at the moment, less than two days left

its here in nottingham, a stones throw from me

so click here :

d+d exhaust ebay thingy

dan the man

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Dan
those footrests have crossed £50 and you are still the top bidder. Try to put a last minute bid, if you know what you are doing, you'll end up saving a lot of money that way. Otherwise you might end up paying almost the same amount as you would pay for a new pair. Don't compete, just sit back, relax and wait for the last minute, then strike and strike hard, eliminating any chances of being outbid. Use refresh (F5) button to watch the time remaining and bid in the last minute. I think you should leave those footrests now. They've gone too high in price. How much do they cost at the breakers?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
thanks for the advice raz

i'm new to ebay so need it

i'm not going too far above that now on them, but will watch, wait and prepare for a controlled last minute attack !!

have you seen the others ?

i've winning on front light (38.00), heel plates(2.00), and set of geniune indicaters (12.51)

as for breakers prices, i called everyone, they all said that the world and his wife are after the same bits as me !!!

but front wheel = 150+vat
headlight 120+vat
rear set 45 +vat each

rip off cunts !!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is taking the piss
Don't go any higher on footrests, don't bother paying more than £16 for the indicator as you can buy a pair of flush mounts from your local M/C Shitty for £14-15 (remeber you have to pay shipping on Ebay stuff as well). Get your wheels repaired for £57 and if you have extra cash, get them repolished as well. Watch the headlight and bid at the last minute. Before that ask the seller if it is not off an import bike with lights dipping towards the right. It's got to be off a UK bike otherwise it would get you at the time of MOT. I can send you the footrests (heel plates and all) cheaper than what they are going for, so don't bother if you can't win them. Is the top fairing OK? I've got a cowl somewhere with little damage but it is off my bike so is red/blk/silver. Check MCN website as well, they sometimes sell bits in the discussion forum for our bike. Heard anything from the insurance company/police? Hope you'll be riding it again soon. If you could send me a list of bits that you need, I'll keep a look out for them.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
cheers raz

i've just been outbidded on the indicaters. never mind eh ! but they were the original ones.

headlight's crept up, but 50 is my max. but, may up it at last minute (75 tops, if its uk).

now then, your gonna be pissed off, but the max bid on the heel plates/rear sets combined is 70 notes (i know)

if i get it, i will honour it though, deals a deal !!

if not, good. name the price and i'll pay it !

as for the rear no plate hanger, its holding at 5.50 (my max) but i hope i'm out bidded on all but the headlight now.

as for getting the bike sorted.

solicitor has done fuck all, not even got any bleedin response from the 3rd party insurance co yet

useless ****

the insurance alocated him to me and i haft to go with that.

but, he's going for a 100% bike claim, new lid/leathers (1500), personal injury (muscular and bone bruising, wiplash, and loss of concieness), loss of wages, and 15 notes a day inconvenience allowance since

police are not worried about it, and after my mate spoke to the copper (there mates), he put my estimated speed at beginning of skid at no more than 60 and isn't prosecuting for due care/attention

overall though

a pile of

1 - 12 of 12 Posts