Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the D&D is loud, but I kinda like that. Everything I have is loud, so why not the bike. So, I guess it is a which one and why question.

D&D Black Satin Slip on
Akra Carbo Slip on
Yosh Carbon Slip on

Going on a Yellow GSXR600 04

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
Re: D&D Exhaust, or something else?

I know the D&D is loud, but I kinda like that. Everything I have is loud, so why not the bike. So, I guess it is a which one and why question.

D&D Black Satin Slip on
Akra Carbo Slip on
Yosh Carbon Slip on

Going on a Yellow GSXR600 04
M4 with carbon can....nuff said.

njracer

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why the Two Brothers or M4? How loud are those two? How do they perform? Do they sound good?

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the look midge, that is why I am either getting a black or carbon pipe. Really I am mostly concerned with sound quality and volume. I understand that loud does not mean good, but I would like to be able to hear what I paid for.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone ever heard D&D on a Suzuki? I really am leaning towards the Akro or D&D. How loud is the Akro guys?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
You're going to have a hard time trying to make a decision based on sound clips from the internet. I had only heard a Yosh, Micron, D&D and Hindle on a Gixxer in person. I took a chance on the sound with the Akrapovic but I knew I was getting a quality pipe first. The sound, which turned out to be the best I've heard on a Gixxer, was just icing on the cake.

The Akra is loud, but not over the top.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
It's so hard to say man. The best comparison I can give is this: the D&D's remind me of a watermelon shooter you see and hear on Civic's. No clean sound to them...just obscenely loud and irritating. Keep in mind this is my opinion....to each his own.

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
Re: D&D Exhaust, or something else?

Midge,

How much louder is the D&D than the Akro?
Look at it this way, all of the pipes are loud, D&D is just a shitty loud. IMO If you want a good pipe that makes good power, look at what the club racers are using. Akra, Hindle, M4, Yosh...ect. You will hardly find anybody running D&D's at the track and it's probably for a good reason....they make junk.

njracer

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
There is NO difference what so ever in bolt/slip ons, you will not notice a performance gain. There is nothing wrong with a D&D people are just anoyed by them, so they do not like them. I have a d&d and I love it, guys from my shop, say they can here me over a mile away.... I dunno if thats too much tone for you, but I love it.

Just my opinion

Scott

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Too many decisions. I will sleep on it. Midge, how straight are your wheel pinstripes? I just tried it and got fed up with it not going on straight and said screw it for now.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Not straight at all...looks like a 5 year old kid put them on when you stand right next to the bike.
I just wanted to get an idea.

I was in the middle of narcodic-induced naps when I put them on and didn't have the patience to get them on there straight. Still haven't decided if I like them or not....if I do decide to keep them I bought enough to start over and get them on straight before I'm able to ride again.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Get the wife to put them on for you! She did a great job with all of your other mods!

Rob

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've got a D&D on my 04 and a lot of people say how sweet it sounds.The only thing that I'm going to tell you is that if your going to do any lidless riding,don't go with the D&D.It's an awesome can but LOUD!!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Picking sound is like picking chicks....to each their own.

I heard a D&D a few weeks ago on the same kind of bike as mine, and I thought it sounded like shit, I'm glad I didnt get one back when I wanted it.

I will say, at a show one time, I heard a Busa with a full 2 brothers system, and that thing sounded like a Race Car!! I almost got that myself, but I thought that was too loud. If I was to switch, I would get a 2 brothers.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts