Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, let me just say I ride a V-twin (which has two spark plugs BTW) but I disconnect the wire from the rear one and just use that plug as a spare. Screw NGK, I only need one plug at a time.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Damn, I shouldv'e thought of that sooner. So maybe I'll keep the Gixxer but just unplug 3 of the sparkplugs...

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
I wind my own, a bit of copper is all you need, all you need to keep is the first plug in the first cylinder then daisy chair your copper creations, the first plug produces more than enuf spark for the others to use.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Ever wonder why manufacturers make bikes with multiple cylinders? It's so they can sell you more spark plugs! That's right, NGK has them in their back pocket.

Screw this 4 sparkplug crap. My next bike's going to be a Yamaha XT and I'm going to save plenty on plug replacement. Who's with me?

Model : Yamaha XT 550
Engine : 4 valve 1 cylinder, air cooled
Engine Displacement : 558 ccm
Compression : 8,5:1
Horsepower : 38hp @ 6.500rpm.

[ 01-09-2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Brolo ]

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Plugs ? Who needs 'em

I just put it in gear and keep my finger firmly planted on the starter button

I can get 6 city blocks between recharges.

P.S. must do the clutch safety over-ride mod first

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I hear that a cheap alternative to spark plugs would be to use Bic lighters instead. They're cheap and last quite a while. Or another affordable alternative: candles.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
i'm moving this post to the "totally insane forum"

brolo your going to have ngk agents coming in the middle of the night to take you away
now you know their secret

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I just hope none of you guys get duped into buying an rc211 if they ever go into mass production.

5 cylinders my ass.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Whats this plug replacement you're talkin' about

BTW if you crossdrill the cylinder head you can use only 1 plug at a time......

[ 01-14-2003, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: DEATH INC. ]

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I think u have been duped ,as i recall the XT550/600 has a twin spark plug head ,,but u can always take a cork from a wine bottle and close the one up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is crazy! why would you want to change your plugs in the first place. If you clock up 10,000 on your bike you don't change your tank, so why change your plugs??

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I just blocked the holes and skimmed the head down by 20mm and now run on diesel. The gas milage is great but it's a little slugish.

NGK

1 - 13 of 13 Posts