Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... so i crossthreaded my sparkplug num 2 sparkplug hole.. and locatin' timesert kit w/o goin' thru them directly... was impossible.. and i'm not payin' $90+ for a kit that i'm only gonna use once... not to mention no shop around here has the kit, so even if i wanted to go thru a shop i'd still have to pay for the kit... so i decided to go the alternative route and bolt on a new (to me that is) head...

so i won both of these heads off ebay

1988 1989 Suzuki GSXR 750 Cylinder Head w/ Valves

1991 1992 Suzuki GSXR 750 Cylinder Head w/o Valves

i have a 1990 750L motor. from wat i know the best flowin' heads are the 88-89s cuz of the bigger valves.. but have different # of teeth on the camshaft sprockets i believe?

anyways my question.. what exactly do i need besides what i won in the auction... (88-89 head + valves, no cams).. to make that head work w/ my 1990 motor... i do know i wouldn't mind usin' the 88-89 head.. cuz of the plugs are cheaper! cr10ek's started to hurt the pocket after awhile..even tho i was pickin' em up for 6.95 a piece at my local shop

and what do i need to make a 91-92 head work w/ my 90 motor... is a 91-92 head identical to a 90? any input would be great.. thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
From the ebay ad it looks like you can't use that '88-9 head, there are no cam caps. Did they come with it? If no, then you can't get them. You probably know that already. Ron Ayers fiche shows the '91-2 as the shim head. You would need all the rockers, valves, shims etc, unless they can be converted and I don't know that. If they can be convereted (I swear that I've seen threads on doing it) you may have all the parts on that '88-9 except cams and there are a shit load of different bikes to get cams from. Your most excellent website showed me that. Troy341

1 - 2 of 2 Posts