Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Banned
14,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The June issue of Cycle World has the 05 ZX 10R beating the 05 1K in the shootout.

They say the ZX 10 handles better and it turned better lap times.

Specs

ZX 10R

405 pounds
155 HP
185 MPH

05 1K

412 pounds
156 HP
184 MPH

I am sure the ZX 10 room is going nuts.

Makes me laugh especially since the 05 1K is kicking ass this racing season and so many are raving about its performance and handling.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I can't believe that the ZX10 beat(supposivly)the K5.This is very upsetting to me.I hope this serves Suzuki a lessen "don't teach the opposition what you know!

·
Registered
502 Posts
it doesnt matter, sport rider had it really close but within 3 tenths and the gixxer winning on that track!!!! hp is very close, its ALL WHO'S ON THE SADDLE. There isnt going to be a huge blowout anymore, these bikes are all so close its sick!!!!!!!!!!! they got the zx 10 winning by 3 seconds in cycle world got the issue right here!!!! it all depends on the track, setup, and rider.

·
Banned
234 Posts
All the more reason for suzuki to keep up in the design/ aestethics department.
A neutral buyer reading that article will easilly settle for the kawi over the gixxer simply because of it sexyness. We know better but my golly, they better put a sexy k7 on the floor in two years time.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Don't forget Kawi's legendary "good bikes" from the factory that go to magazine tests.

If you buy a gixxer cuz it's top dog then you might be on the wrong path. Buy it for the no compromise. Buy it because you like suzukis.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Yeah, it kicks a whole lot of ass when it's not blowing up by the 2nd lap.

LOL
Easy tiger...Matt Mladin is kicking ass! He is even making a mockery of the other guys on the gixxer K5's! FYI, the 10R reeled in and WON vs the 05 gixxer k5 and two R1's at Barber in the "closest to the bikes you and me ride" class, the Superstock race....the mishap at daytona was due to bad racing fuel (wrong mixture) that burnt the pistons.
The 1000 cc class looks pretty even in AMA to me! Matt Mladin has about 10 more hp that anyone riding right now on just his talent alone! He is that good!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, it kicks a whole lot of ass when it's not blowing up by the 2nd lap.

LOL
Easy tiger...Matt Mladin is kicking ass! He is even making a mockery of the other guys on the gixxer K5's! FYI, the 10R reeled in and WON vs the 05 gixxer k5 and two R1's at Barber in the "closest to the bikes you and me ride" class, the Superstock race....the mishap at daytona was due to bad racing fuel (wrong mixture) that burnt the pistons.
The 1000 cc class looks pretty even in AMA to me! Matt Mladin has about 10 more hp that anyone riding right now on just his talent alone! He is that good!
Well said.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Cycle World is the worst piece of crap of a magazine out there.
You want true results, read Roadracing World, no one does such complex and in detail tests as they do.
Right now 05 Gixer is the best out the box motorcycle in the world period and if anyone riding one has any complaints or doubts about it doesnt know if his ass is punched or bored, and should be riding a Honda, if anything at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Every other test on 05 1k has the gixxer way ahead of the comp sport rider all the european
mags motor cyclist ect.Performance bike uk may issue has the gixxer cleaning house on the other bikes on the dyno gixxer 159.2 the zx10 149.03 torque gixxer80.05 the zx1075.19.
They go on to say the gsxr-1000k5 is beyond all doubt the fastest and most accomplised motorcycle to ever hit yhe public roads. Thats all you need to know. Cycle World tests harleys for gods sake.............

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.