Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this and what did u use to cut it with?? How did it come out??

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Originally posted by trickyrickyrican:
Dremel tool, like a hot knife thru butter.then grinded the rough spots with it too. Pretty easy actually.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i did this........but damn!!!! i musta broke thru AT LEAST a dozen tips (circ cutters)

what tip did you use, AND, what can i use to grind down the residual???

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
SMS; I just used the cut off wheels # 420. Max speed and go slow. Any of the high speed grinding bits will do to remove the rough spots. If none around, just some elbow grease, sand it down, then paint. Sounds like overkill, but I kind of hate rust spots.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Here's what a muther-hacker I am: I just took a big pair of locking pliers, grabbed on to the bungee hooks and bent them back and forth until they snapped off at the weld!!! :)
Hey it worked, but it came back to bite me last weekend when I was cleaning the bike and ran my hand by one of the weld spots. It was so sharp it sliced my finger and before I knew what happened I bled all over the bike. I stood back to look at the wax job and saw all this red fluid dripping down the bike in spots and was like; "what the ...?"
I know, I'm a loser, don't bother replying to tell me so. (shrugging my shoulders and smiling)

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Originally posted by Ian J. Thompson:
Here's what a muther-hacker I am: I just took a big pair of locking pliers, grabbed on to the bungee hooks and bent them back and forth until they snapped off at the weld!!! :)
Hey it worked, but it came back to bite me last weekend when I was cleaning the bike and ran my hand by one of the weld spots. It was so sharp it sliced my finger and before I knew what happened I bled all over the bike. I stood back to look at the wax job and saw all this red fluid dripping down the bike in spots and was like; "what the ...?"
I know, I'm a loser, don't bother replying to tell me so. (shrugging my shoulders and smiling)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i have often times cleaned my bike, only to clean, and re-clean, blood (from knuckles, etc....) that comes from knicks on my hands......
btw, a good wax-job really does bead it up well!!

sms

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do u think i can take atorch to them and just melt them off and round out the rest with the torch?? obviously take the fairing off

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I took the rear subframe off the bike ( I hope most of you did too) and then used an angle grinder to get most of em off.. then used a couple hand files to take the rest down.... that way you can't mess it up... painted it black with epoxy coat paint, and you can't even tell the hooks were ever there...

[ 09-08-2002, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Evil-E ]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts