1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Q ....what does that do for your bike by cutting it down

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Looks sexy. You should try to make a custom hanger that will put the strap on the closer to the midpipe side and clear the Akra logo

·
Registered
204 Posts
Q ....what does that do for your bike by cutting it down
I Cut mine down with the help of a Yoshi Technician. Said that you should gain mid/high end torque. With the Look and sound of WSBKs. But might be all hype. Sure looks good tho', i felt a little more RPM pull.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds the same at idle. When I hit higher RPMs it sounds bad ass
. like a crazed ape (holler monkey in Panama) spelling

As far as performance, feels like it has more on the lower end (then again it's probably just hopeful thinking).

I did it because this dude we rode with this past weekend for the first time did it to his Yosh and I like the look - that's all.
(matter of fact - he did it to mine, I just helped).
Don't really like the way pipes go way past the tire and I really think it turned out good.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks sexy. You should try to make a custom hanger that will put the strap on the closer to the midpipe side and clear the Akra logo
I had to take the original sticker off and put a new one. Wanted to put it centered on the can, therefore the bracket covers it in the middle of the sticker. Yes, I would have liked to have the whole sticker visible but, hey it works and actually don't look that bad under the bracket.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I like the way it looks with it cut much better. How hard was it to cut and not damage the pipe finish, what did you use to cut it even?

·
Registered
204 Posts
My Yoshi one if riveted in place. I'm okay with it. it's different cause It sets you apart in a crowd of bikes with the same pipe. "If you build it, they will come.." and be amazed at the sound it makes.

·
Registered
204 Posts
redgixxer.
your bike looks mean
Thanks!!! Props to your bike as well..... The Akra pipes are dope!!!! Always like them. Sorry for the thread jack.... Much love to all Gixxer bikes!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like the way it looks with it cut much better. How hard was it to cut and not damage the pipe finish, what did you use to cut it even?
As stated above, I didn't do it. I helped.
Here is what happened in sequence:
1. take can off
2. drill rivets out (4 on my akra) Pull end cap off
3. measure 5" or whatever distance you want for the tip of the CF (where it use to go in to the end cap) take measurements 5" a couple times around the can so the tape will line up.
4. tape on the line
5. hack saw the CF and packing off
6. push packing back inside the can a little
7. cut the center piece off
8. push the packing back inside the can a little
9. put end cap on
10. measure from where your holes use to be on the CF piece you cut off
11. put strap on and drill holes for rivets (drill one hole and put rivet in ONE AT A TIME) and work all the way around.
NOTE: if you line up the first hole - the rest will follow suit.

I'm sure there is easier ways, but that is what happen with my can and it worked. Time was about 45 min. to 1 hour.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2k3thou,
Where are you located in Germany ?
Military ?
I live in the Hanau, Aschaffenburg area (Zip code 637xx). Unfortuntely I´m not in the military.
And where are you located?
Wurzburg for another month, then go back to California for 30 days and then come back to Germany for another 3 years, but will live in Stuttgart this time when I come back

1 - 20 of 41 Posts