Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
looks awesome...
as soon as i get some time (and a new cuttin wheel) im gonna do my yosh....
how many inches did you take off? i think that length is perfect, not too short ya know?

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
nicwe work, i may have to do that to my m4 as well. did you cut the baffle and the carbon on the same end (meaning did you only have to remove the front end of the can to do all the work?) ? someone else who cut their can said they cut the actual pipe on one side, and the baffle on the opposite side, but im not sure of the reasoning for it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I know this might be a dumb question but how do you go about clamping the chopped piece back together so it makes it look like i came like that.
Im assuming that you have the pins that go on the end of the pipe to press back in to the whole.
Does anyone have detailed instructions on how to do this.
Let me know cause im thinking about chopping my TIFORCE cause i dont want to wait for the shorty to come out in August.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I think it's pretty simple. Drill out the rivets, pull the thing apart, in this case on the mid-pipe side is where the cut was made. Cut the outer shell and the core down the length, probably have to cut away some packing material too. Put it back together and rivet it back up.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think it's pretty simple. Drill out the rivets, pull the thing apart, in this case on the mid-pipe side is where the cut was made. Cut the outer shell and the core down the length, probably have to cut away some packing material too. Put it back together and rivet it back up.
Thanx big dog....seems pretty easy...but where do i get the rivets from. Can i get them at a hardware store...or somewhere else?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It was really simple: First I drilled the pop rivets out on the mid pipe side, then I pulled out the internal pipe and baffle material. You have to cut down the internal pipe on the exit side and the baffle material as well. Once the length is right pre fit the pipe to make sure it goes together then drill your holes for the pop rivets to go back on the can.

If anyone thinks this is to hard I can do it for you. Just e-mail me and we can work out the details.. [email protected]

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Thanx big dog....seems pretty easy...but where do i get the rivets from. Can i get them at a hardware store...or somewhere else?
I think so. I would look for aluminum or stainless steel ones so they don't rust.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.