Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey girls,

After the incident with my bike, both fairings are going to be painted again and since we are repainting them we are going to go ahead and do the whole bike. I'm thinking of going with a custom design, but I am not sure what I should go with. I know there are a bunch of girls on here with VERY nice looking bikes, so help me out!!

Thanks, :biggrin

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Like anything else, this is a personal choice. Look at pictures of bikes till something catches your eye. This is your opportunity to make the bike really yours and unique to you. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like anything else, this is a personal choice. Look at pictures of bikes till something catches your eye. This is your opportunity to make the bike really yours and unique to you. Good luck with your search.
Thanks, I usually do that I'm just having trouble this time.

lol but thanks again, hopefully it will turn out good whatever I choose.

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
I don't know you personally or your tastes but maybe a pearl white with gold pinstriping? My very first bike was a EX500 pearl white with gold lettering and I loved that color. Didn't you mention you were going to learn to pinstripe? Maybe get custom gold "Triumph" stickers for the tank. Just a thought.

Wish the picture was better but it was pre-digital cameras but gives you an idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know you personally or your tastes but maybe a pearl white with gold pinstriping? My very first bike was a EX500 pearl white with gold lettering and I loved that color. Didn't you mention you were going to learn to pinstripe? Maybe get custom gold "Triumph" stickers for the tank. Just a thought.

Wish the picture was better but it was pre-digital cameras but gives you an idea.
Wow that would be pretty cool.

Love the bike!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just keep in mind that some day you may want to sell it. Custom paint jobs usually limit your potential market and do not really increase the value of the bike.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
First bike, right? Best advise is really to keep it simple and not spend too much since chances are it'll go sliding down asphalt again eventually :dunno If you want to practice your skills on it, by all means do it but don't throw too much money into it :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First bike, right? Best advise is really to keep it simple and not spend too much since chances are it'll go sliding down asphalt again eventually :dunno If you want to practice your skills on it, by all means do it but don't throw too much money into it :)
True, Since I am still in school I don't know how to paint yet, but our friend does and he is going to do it for us, and the only thing to buy is going to be the paint and tape.

·
Chubbs McPus, the Non-Gay Bashing Scene Kid
779 Posts
she's not gonna pay for it anyway, i made the mistake and fucked up the bike and i'm paying to fix it so whatever color she decides on needs to include a color of pazzo lever from motomummy and a windscreen as well

love you kawigirl (i know its mushy get off it)

·
Chubbs McPus, the Non-Gay Bashing Scene Kid
779 Posts
so the bike is getting primed and painted as I type, they wouldn't let me help much cause i'm a useless cripple right now, I did a lot of sanding though... but the important part is that kawigirl is working and by the time she see's this post she'll in bed at home too far away to see the bike, i think i'll wake up early and get it put back together tommorrow before she comes over so she can see it finished.

we had to paint the bike blue again but i think with some triumph stickers, pazzo's and a clear windscreen it'll look sexy.

i will give her the pics i took so she can post them soo stay tuned boys and girls its gonna be a long night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts