Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to do this? I need a set for my SRAD and I keep seeing the newer style going on ebay. Just wondering if anyone had looked.

Thanks

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Someone asked about this awhile back..ya need to change the rear subframe also..so you'll need to do some fabricating..ect..don't know anyone who's done it..as most of us prefer the SRAD tail..

[ 06-21-2002, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Hammer 4 ]

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yah.. I prefer the SRAD. I'd prefer the newer style with a new bike. I guess you have to figure that either the SRAD or the new gen bikes look natural as they are because .... well. They were designed that way. It's all opinion though.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
its been done, I seen a pic of it..other than that I dont have pic, and cant tell you how...so pretty much I'm no help, except that i can tell you YES it can be done......
but why, i prefer the srad tail to the 2k and up

·
Registered
781 Posts
But who wants an R6 tail. Give me a SRAD's end any day of the week. New gixxers look like any of the other sport bikes, SRADs look like GIXXERS!!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yeah.. the SRADS had developed that reputation for kickin' so much ass, that it's a burden I guess. lol So everyone wishes they could look like one.

Ok so besides that... if you ever read the 96' press kit. The 96' model which was the start of the all mighty SRAD was designed after the world winning Grand Prix bike. The RGV 500 in it's fairing design and shape. The design of the motor is completely different of course, but over all the bike was designed for aerodynamic efficiency. Did I mention this earlier? Shoot.. Well, that's why the shaped the Hayabusa this way also. It's the most efficient design. Provided you're not a big 6'1" 200lb. behemoth like myself! Actually I'm not bad, but my point is that the tail was designed to lower the chances of someone drafting off of you. If you ever want to know anything about drafts, or dirty air, and all other things related, watch... (hate to say it..) NASCAR as they talk about this often. They give good tips on how it works. There are publications out there too that talk about it. But this one's $free.99. That, and the SRAD's just look sick! Sick as in bad-ASS! The bike has attitude. Right guys?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts