Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide which to get for my soon to arrive K5:

VS

I have a PC in 03 750, but have heard some good things about the Cube and am leaning towards going that way with my new bike..

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have owned 3 power commanders and had 2 power commanders fail in the past on my Gixxers. The first one stopped working after about 6 months, the second lasted for a little over 1 year before it stopped working. I have one PCIII on my Kawasaki 636 track bike and it is still doing fine, but who knows for how long. I think this time around I'll do the Cube on my '05 just out of concern for long term reliability...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Why wouldn't you get a Teka from Factory Pro, so you can remap the bike (and all your buddies' bikes) without having to permanently add any extra hardware to your bike?

http://www.factorypro.com

This what I'm looking at getting to remap my bike - that is, if my tuner doesn't already have one he can use. I emailed Factory Pro earlier today to find out for sure that they do have the Teka available for the '05s, but I haven't heard back yet. I have heard great things about Teka in the past on earlier models of bikes.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Stu - let us know what they say! I've always been a fan of the Teka, but they're hard to find. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
The ems cube would be a nice unit. Do they make them yet? I got tired of hearing next month over a year ago after I have ben told next month for a year.
Of course I have been waiting for the ignition control for the pc3 usb for a year now and it is always coming out next month or in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
i have had the 3, 3r and now ems with all the accessories and unlike most i have never had a problem with the dynojet stuff and i have installed tons of them on friends bikes including the usb... the cube looks like a good unit but im still wondering what the cost will be

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
cube is not released yet, but it'll be the way to go with the built in accessory hub. I love my EMS with 3-way map switch

I'm pretty sure the cube will cost the same what a current EMS does...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I use a Power Commander 3 USB on my 2004 GsxR 1000 limited edition. I did not use Power Commander Cube yet but I am trying to find ( http://66.47.68.116/TEKA_SFI/TEKA_EMS_Suzuki_FI_Adjuster.html ) Its better, practical, no tool box on the bike, no needed a laptop etc to do the adjustments. Just go to the track and do your adjustments. Or go to a dyno, change your settings. And a table of comparison is out there on the web site.
If you are a motorcycle dealer or service, it is also perfect because you can change the settings of 1 bike, 10 bike, 100 bike etc with the same device.
But I can not find the device since I live in Turkey. I cant get any answer to my email. Please, if someone find it, PM me and tell your comments.
And a few notes. I send an email to powercommander.com to order a quick shifter and Power Commander Cube for my GsxR 1000 K5. The reply is here shortly:
"we do not offer a Quickshifter for the 2005 GSXR1000 at this time. The DQS units we offer for the Power Commander USB are only for bikes with 1 injector per cylinder at this time. The 2005 GSXR1000 has two per cylinder. We will be releasing two products that will allow quick shifter function on this bike. One is an ignition module that allows both timing adjustments as well as quickshifter function. The other is a stand alone quickshifter system. Both use our shift rod pressure sensor. This measure force at the shift rod instead of using a "sidestand switch" as other companies do. Our system does not require adjustment of the sensor."

·
Registered
980 Posts
I'm tryin to get info on the Yoshimura boxes but if I can't find it I will probably go with a Italian Rpaid Bike unit.
http://www.rapidbike.it

It allows to transfer the unit to another motorcycle by simply purchasing another wire loom.
It has more functionality then the PCIII. It has ignition advance mapping, fuel mapping and rev limit can be upped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts