Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I wasnt sure that my kat had an ECU, but It acutally does cause of my TPS's I guess they have somthing to do with my flux capasitor. I figured I could get great gains in weight, and better stopping power and ECU cooling, so I put about 20 holes in it with a 1/2 in drill bit, that should really get it going! When i went to start the bike all the smoke leaked out of the ecu. Can u buy new smoke to put in there and just seal up the holes. Do they make synthetic smoke or should I go with dyno smoke..I dont want my ECU to start slipping too. i must have made to many holes it just couldnt handle the power increases. Im thinking i blew the ecu gaskit.

Any help would be great.

[ 12-05-2002, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: SlowKat ]

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Do not get the original Suzuki smoke, its way too expensive and has a too high ash content that impedes the performance a bit. It was done this was as part of a soft limiter on output and speed to appease the speed-law-merchants.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
1/2" holes??? see, that's your problem right there. You should have used a metric drill-bit. Aftermarket-smoke is definitely cheaper than OEM, but again, make sure and stay away from the SAE stuff.

...oh yeah, I dunno if it's true or not, but I heard a disturbing rumor... supposedly, Intel got a bargain from some of the old stuff they uncovered in the triumph factory-fire and they've been re-packaging the new-old-stock whitworth smoke and selling it as metric. Caveat Emptor.

[ 12-05-2002, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: FastCat ]

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
the reason why the ECU smoked is because you forgot to upgrade the muffler bearings you were supposed to get the teflon coated double titanium bearings. they are the strongest and lightest ones one the market right now plus WWW.PERFORMANCE-MUFFLER-BEARINGS.COM offers a lifetime warranty if they ever fail.
lets just hope they never fail cuz if they do you will be doing a stoppie from here to China.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
oh and don't listen to these other people they don't have a clue they are just jealous.

·
Registered
26,441 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts