Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In advance I apologize for my bad English, the problem with my GSXR 1000 K9 is that she 6 months ago began to fail rolling as if they had dirty injectors, that failure continued to increase and decided to park and check spark plugs, clean injectors, wash tank, change oil and filters, in short, a complete maintenance, even though the failure persisted and was increasing rapidly until in two days the motorcycle stopped working when it was in motion, I took it to an expert and after reviewing it told me it was the gas pump which I replaced, was 6 months in perfect condition until two days ago that started exactly with the same fault and to take it to the expert this told me it was the cdi that did not send signal to the 4 secondary injectors, now I am confused because is exactly the same fault ... note: the motorcycle since the purchase had the signal fi by eliminating the servo motor of the escape, even so the only code that throws is the servomotor ... does not give any another code .. the current state is that it starts but it is not maintained, it goes out ...:gaah

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,780 Posts
Since you've previously used a mechanic, this might not be something that you can do. But I'd do the fuel pressure and, more importantly, the fuel discharge tests described in section 1G of the service manual.

HealTech and others sell a plug-in device that eliminates the FI code. You're asking for trouble without it as it makes it easy to overlook other problems.

Where are you? It sounds like you might be using dirty gas. If so, you might have to start filtering it when you get gas - a hassle but better than replacing the fuel pump filter every 6 months. An external filter is a possibility if that is the problem. But it's something we try to avoid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts