Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Yaah I know!
1,020 Posts
It's the 750cc and up that really get hosed.

I had a quote on a 50cc Scooter and they want $280 / year for it. Little insane in my books.

You have no savings in it if you try a Scooter compare top a car cause the insurance swallows all the reasonable savings you could achieve. So now I sit in my comfy car listen to the tunes and have air on and dont get rained on.

·
Registered
74 Posts
IM 23, clean record,M2(through georgian college program)with state farm for $98/month for an 04 GSXR 600 full coverage....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome to Ontario!!

Bend over and spread wide!!! It'll hurt a little, well a lot!!

I belive State farm and Co operators are the only once that will insure these bikes here. The government will not do a thing about it. It's cheaper to pay for track days then it is to insure the bike so some Paki can take you off like a pilon.

Good luck my 99 750 has been sitting for the last couple years cause I refuse to pay $ 950 a year
Its unfortunate that your 750 sits because yours too cheap to ride.

State Farm has me covered for my Jeep TJ and my 08 GSXR750 for under $300/month. To put it in perspective, I'm 21, Male, and Single. I am in the highest insurance bracket. I think I'm catching a break is because I live in North Eastern Ontario.

Good luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ontario insurance rates fuck you up the ass if you don't have a clean record and you're in the "high-risk" category (single male under 25). I ran a couple of quotes for me (considering I've had a couple of at-fault accidents in a car in the last 5 years), my annual premiums in Ontario ran into 13k.... That's more than a brand-new bike every year!! I'm lucky enough to be able to insure my bike in Manitoba and I ONLY pay 2700.... ONLY!! F.M.L.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I called up geico progressive allstate and statefarm best was progressive worse was geico and statefarm is a joke because if you done have insurance with them for ur car they wont let u get motorcycle insurance....assholes

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got an 04 and 05 GSX-R. The 05 is insured under my gf.

I'm with State Farm and it's $600 a year for each of them (We both have perfect driving records).

Rich

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was 18 when i took out my first policy for my 600 i was raped by progressive for the fact i was 18 even though my record was spotless. Progressive hit me up for almost $1300 for the first year with just liability but with rider insurnace this year its only 450 again just with liability.

·
Yaah I know!
1,020 Posts
I've got an 04 and 05 GSX-R. The 05 is insured under my gf.

I'm with State Farm and it's $600 a year for each of them (We both have perfect driving records).

Rich
That's cause it's a 600cc , go to a 620cc and up!! Then you are guaranteed to be paying at least a G Note for insurance in TO:scared:banghead

·
Registered
72 Posts
Alright listen. I just got insurance on my K8 600. TD is my insurance but they wouldn't insure the bike because it's blacklisted too fast. Got a call back from a nice guy that worked there and said to try thier affiliate Primum. He also asked if I knew anyone who has had there class 6 for awhile. Long story short I am listed as an occasional rider on my own bike and my buddy with six years is the primary (yea right) rider. He has had C6 since 03 and I got a break because of it. I don't even have my class 6 yet because I have to go do the road test. Once I do that, I call them up, give them my class 6 info, and they switch me to primary but my rate stays the same. I pay $54 a month for 7 months of the year right now and it will go to $72 a month for 7 months/annum for everything but collision. If I want collision too its $84. I haven't decided yet. Not bad for a new bike and not even having a C6 yet. Not gonna lie the insurance rep I spoke too was a younger guy that just got into bikes too and he hooked me up, so lucky. Anyways theres something to try guys. You have to have your friends license #,DOB,when he took the road test, and name.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in calgary, have 4 speeding tickets currently on my record (all from my 05 Mustang GT). I've just bought a 2008 GSX-R750 and I am going to be looking at $1750 a year. I was dissapointed but when you guys are saying 5k+ I feel lucky now!

Too bad my car insurance is $4800 a year...when I think that I am paying $6550 a year for insurance it makes me sad haha. But I have one ticket falling off this month and the other ones will fall off shortly, I had a bad stretch there a few years back.

·
Registered
104 Posts
All of you should enjoy insurance, i bought a brand new k9 600, first bike, got insurance and repeatedly asked to make sure they could insure me before i got the bike, and 3 weeks after i got the bike, i received a notice of cancellation in the mail because im under 21(im 20). the best part about all of it is now my brand new bike is being parked after having it for a month until next year when im 21. Thank you state farm:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got my 600 when I was 24 with a M1, no accidents or tickets and it was $84/month with state farm.
now that I'm 25 with a M2, it's still $84/m (prices went up so it evens out SUPRISE SUPRISE!) and they told me if I bring my car over with them it will drop down to $50/month (600/year)

·
Registered
64 Posts
i am 710 a year full coverage on my 08 750.
in perspective, i am paying 400 a month on my car.

anything cheaper than my car is good in my opinion haha

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anyone in Ontario with StateFarm paying for life insurance as well as bike insurance?

The agent said they could not insure me without life added on.

Total is 1440 a year
M2, first bike, no tix or accidents, 25+, live in Toronto, GSXR-600 '07

In reading this i will be transfering my car over and condo.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im 22 and I started riding this year on a 2010 SV650SA...Still have my M1...

I pay $180 a month with a clean record for the bike...I pay $280 for my 2008 Cobalt Sport...Full coverage on both...

North of Toronto with State Farm..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just recently got my 2010 GSXR600. I'm 22 and State Farm quoted me $207 a month thats liability + fire and theft.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
46 Participants
GunMetal81
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing