Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well did my first endurance race saturday and unfortunately we didn't last very long
. I did the first stint and went for 40 minutes and passed if off to my buddy James Rich who decided it looked better in the dirt so he pitched it right at the end of his first stint. It was rideable but with the lowered subframe and a rearset that was even higher than my CFM's your left leg would go numb after just a few laps so we threw in the towel after about 3 1/2 hours. I am trying to get a new subframe in before this weekend so I can do the CRA weekend at MAM this weekend..

-Spooner

·
Registered
849 Posts
I know it's off the subject but what's the deal with those tank pads. I've seen a couple of guys with those. Is it for better grip when hanging off or something. Shed some light on this one for me if you don't mind...

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
I know it's off the subject but what's the deal with those tank pads. I've seen a couple of guys with those. Is it for better grip when hanging off or something. Shed some light on this one for me if you don't mind...
Stomp Grip, the best thing since sliced bread, a must have, totally awesome....

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
where do you get them from??

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Spooner, I now remember seeing that bike with the ass end all cocked eyed to the right from the rear........damn hope that ya boy is alright after that get off, the bike looks pretty banged up. Our wreck ended our day with a cracked casing bleeding oil all over the place, but I am glad that the owner was the one, and even more happier that he wasn't hurt

Hope you get it all back together and make it to Cresson

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Sucks about the crash...Doesn't look that bad...Glad he is ok though...!

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
sell the tank to some stunters/trade it with them!!!! I'm sure you could find some that need their tank beat in!

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah the owner of my shop came up behind me after the bike was crashed and said it was difficult to tell what direction I was going
James (the crasher) is basically fine other than a bit sore and pissed that he crashed my pretty bike. At least he didn't crash his VERY pretty '03 R6... I got a tank and stubframe coming and all other parts are in so I am ready to get it back to the way it was. I bent back the subframe to a 'rideable' condition and put it all back together so I can race this weekend. Should be more intimidating with a bashed up bike

-Spoon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts