Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I crashed at ECR this past weekend. Not really sure why though. I wasn't pushing my limits, I was riding comfortably within my skill level. Heres the video, maybe other peoples insight will help me realize what happened.
The only thing I can maybe see is that the brakes were held too long or too tightly and hit a sealer or patch on the track and the combination was just enough to make the front wipe out.
I tumbled I think about 5-7 times before coming to a stop. I fractured my foot in two places and road rash on the knee from the suit shifting and exposing the cloth to the asphalt along with my knee. ouch.

http://youtu.be/V_O58KxDAT0

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,421 Posts
Looks like you just gave it too much front and tucked it. Bad spot in the pavement at that spot that may have changed the traction a little and allowed the front to lock?

·
Nothing but Adrenaline-Fueled Business Ends
25,701 Posts
Get ahold of guys that frequent the track - they'll be able to tell you where the sketchy patches of pavement are.

Several of my former riding buddies are members out there, hence my very vague familiarity with the track surface.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts