Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Semog
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently the crankshaft and con rods of gsxr 750 K7 engine that was used for racing blew up. I'm unable to find a K7 crank for a reliable price, however I've seen that many ads have a fitment range from 06-20. Could there be a possibility that the newer crankshafts(11-20) fit in the older 06-07 model blocks? Generally looking for answers from someone who has worked on both of these engines before and know some answers

·
Registered
Semog
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My general question is if the crankshafts are the same from the technical side. We don't really want to mess with the 750 blocks we have. Maybe someone has messed with both 6-7 and 11-20 engines?
Also, hotrods.com doesn't seem to load up for me

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
8,085 Posts
Recently the crankshaft and con rods of my gsxr 750 K7 engine blew up. There don't seem to be many options to find a K7 crankshaft anywhere in the internet, for cheap prices, bite I've noticed that many ads have a fitment range from 06-20. Could there be a possibility that the newer crankshafts(11-20) fit in the older 06-07 model blocks? Generally looking for answers from someone who has worked on both of these engines before and know some answers
@Gsxr daddy why don't you tone it WAY the fuck down. You're doing nothing but making an ass out of yourself since you joined.

@ Viesuliss Please disregard 'advice' given until now by the self-proclaimed expert. He is definitely not but you did come to the right place. Stand by and someone who knows what he/she is talking about will chime-in.

·
Administrator
13,790 Posts
@Gsxr daddy why don't you tone it WAY the fuck down. You're doing nothing but making an ass out of yourself since you joined.

@ Viesuliss Please disregard 'advice' given until now by the self-proclaimed expert. He is definitely not but you did come to the right place. Stand by and someone who knows what he/she is talking about will chime-in.
Have a quick look thru my posts mate , see how many threads this clown has spammed with his ‘expert advice’

·
8,085 Posts
Have a quick look thru my posts mate , see how many threads this clown has spammed with his ‘expert advice’
OMG - I had not seen the 17 yr old thread bump, where he posts, then immediately quotes himself and of course posts a third time - one partial / bizarre sentence at a time. He seems to like posting 3 in a row every time. OCD, like a dumb Sheldon.

It's fun to have a mixed crowd of different types but umm........ Maybe he's just having an off day.

·
Administrator
13,790 Posts
OMG - I had not seen the 17 yr old thread bump, where he posts, then immediately quotes himself and of course posts a third time - one partial / bizarre sentence at a time. He seems to like posting 3 in a row every time. OCD, like a dumb Sheldon.

It's fun to have a mixed crowd of different types but umm........ Maybe he's just having an off day.
I think the mixed crowd Statement is true , but they are all in his head ... and Kung fu fighting each other 😂

Reactions: le skid

·
8,085 Posts
LMAO It would be something else to be a fly on the wall inside that mind.

Poor OP though.... where's Bill, Scott or any of the other actual builders out here?

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,058 Posts
Just ban that dude. He's an overall negative to the site....

When you're looking for part compatibility, the very first thing you should do is cross reference the part numbers. For the 07 750, the part number for the crank set is 12000-02850. Part number search says.....

Any GSXR 750 from 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

·
Registered
Semog
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Just ban that dude. He's an overall negative to the site....

When you're looking for part compatibility, the very first thing you should do is cross reference the part numbers. For the 07 750, the part number for the crank set is 12000-02850. Part number search says.....

Any GSXR 750 from 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Okay, great! It didn't cross my mind to check the part number. So there is a high chance I could buy a crankshaft from a newer model and fit it into my K7 block. Thank you!

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,058 Posts
I'd say it's an absolute. You just have to pay attention to bearing and thrust clearances when putting it in.

·
8,085 Posts
Okay, great! It didn't cross my mind to check the part number. So there is a high chance I could buy a crankshaft from a newer model and fit it into my K7 block. Thank you!
Finally....
Given that we had to warn you not to listen to the crazy dude, @TheGeek is one of our credible, NON-cuckoo contributors lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts