Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help I have this problem, Gsxr1100wp 1993 I left the tap in the prime position without thinking & an hour or 2 later my garage/house stinks of juice!!! Tried to start bike but wont turn over I guess cranks full!!!

Question is,, Where do I start to solve this problem. Thanks Martyn Help I have this problem, I left the tap in the prime position without thinking & an hour or 2 later my garage/house stinks of juice!!! Tried to start bike but wont turn over I guess cranks full!!!

Question is,, Where do I start to solve this problem. Thanks Martyn

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Help I have this problem, Gsxr1100wp 1993 I left the tap in the prime position without thinking & an hour or 2 later my garage/house stinks of juice!!! Tried to start bike but wont turn over I guess cranks full!!!

Question is,, Where do I start to solve this problem. Thanks Martyn Help I have this problem, I left the tap in the prime position without thinking & an hour or 2 later my garage/house stinks of juice!!! Tried to start bike but wont turn over I guess cranks full!!!

Question is,, Where do I start to solve this problem. Thanks Martyn

Your prollem is 1 or more leaking float valves. remove carb bank, set on bench, connect fuel supply to carbs and watch which ones leak, replace float valvies and retest.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, Do I need to empty the oil from the engine & refill? Ive not had anything to do with a bike like this before & cant understand why it just didn't overflow from the carb bowls onto the floor!

Could also need a bit of advice on how to remove plastics & petrol tank etc

Your help is much appreciated I have plenty of tools :wink2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bike wouldn't run for long with petcock in the on position so would always put in pri position whilst out riding, I have read up about it & presume I needed a repair kit for petcock which is on order, something to do with vacuum required to pull fuel to carbs.
Am now wondering if a vacuum pipe is unattached some where under tank!
could this be possible

·
Likes to race old junk.
1,619 Posts
https://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki-gsxr1100w-1993-p-e01-e02-e04-e15-e17-18-21-22-24-25-34-39-53_model13597/partslist/?modelguide_modelid=13597#.XAFsQPZFy70

Martyn,
I can't stress enough how important it is to have a good service manual. Purchase or download one, it will prove invaluable.
It will answer your questions in this post and the other.
It will show you how to remove the body work and tank, proper routing of vacuum and fuel lines, removal, cleaning & inspection of your carbs etc.
Patience is also key, the plastic is old and don't try it in the cold.
Be organized and have a clean work space.
Take detailed pictures as you go along. It's so easy to forget where a small part goes, 2 weeks later when you're reassembling.

The link above will also give you an exploded view of the parts.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
The carb flooded definitely. Instead of pouring out into the Airbox, it poured the opposite direction, into the head, filling your intake manifold. As it sits gas leaks passed the piston rings down the cylinder walls into the crankcase. If you rolled the motor over, as the intake valves open they are gulping raw gas instead of gas vapor.

The simple answer, your carbs are tilted just a little bit forward so the gas goes to the motor instead of Airbox.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts