Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
john,

well my tee valve idea did work.......but, .....
yesterday i lifted the tanks to adjust the tps...(thnx clwtrgsxr!!) and i pulled the filter (second time in three months.....) and noticed it smelled very fumy....well , to my surprise, pnce i removed the filter and the tee fitting, i discovered there was a ton of oil in there...the resv. was overfilled, and boiling up into the filter element.......soaking it with oil as well...... i threw it out and put on a new on. My concern is ....what causes it????? (i only do lil baby wheelies!!) should i jus replace the 8.00 filter every month, or month½????

should i get the catch can, or, is that friggin ridiculous????

please share your experiences with it, as i want to change it up......again......

scott

ps--maybe an extended hose????say, 12 inches longer than the one on there now?????

i dunno.......

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
I just put a K&N filter on it and I clean it ever so often. It does get a bit of oil build up on it. I just use the K&N filter cleaner and then once dry I put a SMALL amount of K&N oil on it and put it back in...

John

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what im wondering is ......... all this oil would've been in the airbox????

and,,,,,,how long is the breather hose you are running??? i jus used the OEM one........'

esemes the wheezer

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Yea it would have been in the air box...
It is nice to have a clean airbox... lol

I am also using the OEM hose... i have not bothered with changing it.

John

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Yep.. I am going to take them upstairs as soon as the g/f gets to work so I can find out how much it is going to cost to ship to you..

I need your address again.. can you PM me with it?

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts