Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the crankshaft set on a 2002 GSXR 1000? Is it true center, are am I wrong? The first time the person that rebuilt the bike had it off and it's doing the same thing as if it's not getting power. The bike was running fine on the ECU before and now I'm getting told that I will have to get a power commander on my bike to work. The bike was running quarter throttle but anyting after that it was bogging down. It would rev fine and idle but would bog down under a load. Someone please give me some ideas for what I've done wrong?

Registered
Sounds like the fuel pump. Don't know about the crank setting. I have seen mine and a few other bikes run like that, (run just fine till you called on it, then it acted like you turned the key off, and when you let off the gas it would run perfect.) I think the pump is weak. I got a another pump for mine.
(Problem solved)
Hope this helps you 馃弽馃弽馃弽

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the fuel pump. Don't know about the crank setting. I have seen mine and a few other bikes run like that, (run just fine till you called on it, then it acted like you turned the key off, and when you let off the gas it would run perfect.) I think the pump is weak. I got a another pump for mine.
(Problem solved)
Hope this helps you 馃弽馃弽馃弽
I have not checked the fuel pump yet. However, we did take the (fuel pump & injectors) out and cleaned them just to be safe and clear about them!!! The bike was running fine before it was completely rebuilt and with that rebuild "we put another wiring harness on the bike also" which a Motorsports tech found a wire at the ECU that was broke and soldered it back together. The person I got the bike phone is actually a friend and he is the one who rebuilt the motor, which is first time going back together with it (he did get the cams off and had to tear back down). The funny thing about that is "he said it was running the same then (when he got the cams off) as it is now." I don't have the gauge to check the fuel pump and I know that he didn't synchronize the throttle body's on the bike either. Would you happen to know what fuel pump that I can use at The parts House that would be the same as this bikes fuel pump? Would the ECU not work after the rebuild on the bike and calls me to have to get a Power Commander for tuning the bike back to where it needs to be after the rebuild? Personally I don't think so but I'm not sure, because a tech told the guy who rebuilt it"it only needs the Power Commander in tuned for it to be running right. But for some reason that just don't sound right because it ran before on this ECU and there was no major motor work done as far as cams or boring.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
It idles Great all the time "cold or hot"
Rev's Good "cold or hot"
Get on the bike and start to ride, it will start like it good from clutch until your fully off clutch lever. Bogs down a second and then your good to 3,600h-4,200rpm it starts running like that again.
All 3 of the bottom gears it will get 4,700-4,900 rpm @ a sweet spot in the 录throttle. If
Top 4,5,6 I can get throttle to 4300 RPM @ a sweet spot in throttle.

I can pull on the throttle and go past that 录 throttle sweet spot & it will go on up to 106 mph.... However, it sounds like the air is choked out of the bike and the bogging is a deeper roar sound!!!
I do know that the throttle bodies are not synchronized on the bike!!! Will that cause for the bike to bog down under a load and idle/rev fine?

Registered
the synchronization don't have any thing to do with it, ones the throttle is open. the synchronization only adjusts the vacuum between the head and the throttle bodies.
The only thing it affects is, starting, idle, and at low rpms when you are talking off. (Or at least on a carberator, I am not that cool on
fuel injection) The synchronization being off,might effect the little bit of bog ,at takeoff. But the rest, I don't know, SORRY. 馃弽馃弽馃弽

1 - 6 of 6 Posts