Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed an excessive amount of oil in my airbox, it appears to be coming form my crank case bretaher tube...what would cause this problem? and how do i fix it...HELP!!!

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts
well.. if you put too much oil in the bike that may happen. or if you do a lot of wheelies.

i wouldn't worry about it.. just keep your airbox cleaned out every once in a while.

or you could run your crankcase breather hose to a crankcase breather filter. K&N sells em. then cap off the hole left in your airbox.

[ 05-25-2002, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Hunter ]

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i only do lil baby wheelies as of yet so i doubt thats causing the prob..as far as oil i may have put a tid to much MAYBE! my glass reads perfect on the full line now, i put 3 quarts in when i changed the oil 2 weeks ago. guess we will see if the problem persists. someone told me my motor may be getting ready to take a dump! god i hope thats not true then ill be out looking for a 750 motor to swap on in there. $$$ i dont have! thanks bro. your in S.D...we may have to ride sometime, im in OC thinking of riding out that way soon. hit me up

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Some oil is normal... If you are getting a lot really fast then you might be getting a abnormal amount of blowby on your rings... I bet you broke in your motor the way the book said to do right? Nice and easy??

John

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gsxr-freak...i bought the bike used 2 months ago...so im not sure how it was broke in. ??? who knows. rings huh..that sounds expensive...motor overhaul huh???

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
If all you do is the rings, it would cost about 200 bucks in parts... When i pull my head off I like to clean everything up and that takes new valve guide seals and that runs a extra 75 bucks.

If it comes down to the fact that you need rings we can work out a deal on labor if you like...

John

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its still blowin some oil out as i noticed more oil on my pretty chrome frame today
help!!!

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well if your oil level is correct I would then look at new rings... I bet if you do a compression test you will be low, and a leak down would show a fair amount of leak..

John

·
Registered
775 Posts
Just route the hose out the back of your bike and cap off the hole in your airbox. If your worried about oil spewing out, put a catch-can inline with the tube, and drain it so often. No point in running hot air back into you airbox!

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
drew..thanks my buddie jason told me to do that also, i think im actually going to do so tonight and see if that helps the oil from spilling all over my chrome and my damn rear tire!

gsxr-freak...how can i do a compression check on a bike? what should it read? or how much will a shop charge me to do this?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well you would need a compression tester and some time... As far as the numbers, I dont know for a 600... you would have to look in the book... But I would worry more about a leak down... That is what tells you how much air is passing the rings.

John

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok well how do i do a leak down test then??? HELP! im worried now

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by Pimpin My Gixxer:
ok well how do i do a leak down test then??? HELP! im worried now
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You need a leak down tester it does the work for you... And a air compressor... If you dont have access to the tools, you are better off taking it to a shop cause it would cost a lot to get them all..

I dont remember exactly how to do it but it isnt hard...

John

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have a compressor and tons of tons h0owever no "leak test tool" any idea how much one would cost or what a shop would charge to do this for me?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts