Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am re-building a '07 750 engine but I have question regarding some confusing Service Manual information.

The manual shows the bearings code on the crankshaft upside down, so the letters correspond from right to left on the view.

Rectangle Font Auto part Machine Parallel

My engine case has the code stamped upright, does that mean the letters should correspond from left to right in my case?

Motor vehicle Gas Office equipment Machine Engineering

Any reliable guidance will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes...it's left to right. You have it in the correct orientation.
The manual diagram is a "typo".
Thanks for the response but now I am more confused as I got a different response somewhere else. Do you mean left-to-right from the assembled engine (rider's POV) just like the numbering order of the cylinders OR from the point of view of the photo, where the upper case is upside down?

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
maybe they should write the corresponding cylinder numbers as well? myself I would think its left to right reading the numbers, then left to right in the riders position, but I am wrong a lot and do have to go back through things now and then..

so it's just like you see it in the pic, the typo in the manual is that they flipped the stamp down right? imagine if the stamp was a transparent piece of paper with the letters on it and you grabbed the paper at the bottom how you are looking at it now, and flipped it up, then it would look like the stamp on your block, tranny on bottom, the letters still go to the same journals, they put the letters corresponding to the right journals, they just flipped the image down on the book for some reason?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'll stick to left-to-right from the rider's POV, in the same order as the letters are written.

I can always sue the community if something goes kaboom, right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts