Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I have accidentally over tightened my Oil drainage Bolt which resulted in the Oil Pan getting a long crack on the side of it.

I researched some advice online and decided to buy some JB Weld, a larger Bolt (M14 x 1.5mm) along with some Blue Thread locker. This whole fix has however failed as the JB Weld came right off and the Bolt would just keep turning and not locking into place.

I am not really sure where to go from here and think the better option would be to just buy a new Oil Pan but am aware of the troublesome job that it is to change it.

Can anyone advise on a simple solution or anything else that may be of assistance during these troublesome times for my poor old gixxer :( ....thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Replace the oil pan....

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
Didn't we already cover this? Replace your oil pan or deal with the consequences of trying to half-ass repair your problem because you don't want to do it the right way. I mean, oil getting on your tire? That's not so bad, it might only cost you several hundred dollars (or more) if you crash.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok I will change it...thanks for your advice....whats the best way in removing that little Plate that holds the Pan in place ?...cut or lift ?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts