Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 gixx 600

I must have overtightened the drain plug a little and the oil pan cracked on the corner. I did try and JB weld it, but I just don't trust it. I went ahead and ordered a new pan, but I can't get the cracked one off!

I took out all the bolts except the ones holding that bracket on, I can't get to them the frame is in the way. So I am trying to wiggle the pan past the bracket that I cant get off, and slide it out without removing the header.. Is this possible?

I can't get it past the bracket, it seems to be hitting the sump. My next question is, if I have to take off the header, how do I do that? I can't fit allens in there, and I can't get my ratchet with socket allens in there either. Do I have to drain the coolant and remove the radiator as well, to get to the header bolts??!

any help is greatly appreciated. My first suzuki. Had a r6, 929, r1, f4i, now this gixxer. I'm excited to be apart of the community.

Resolved:

For anyone else who comes across this post in need of assistance through google or what have you, you have to drop the entire exhaust system to get the oil pan off. Unbolt the radiator so you can push it over a couple of inches to make some room for your tools.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
any way you can give me a description of what you did to remove that last bolt and get past that bracket?

Bout to do this myself next week.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did this on my bike, but that was an 01 600. Basically I went and took off the radiator, headers, and then the oil pan. Once you have the stuff that's in the way off, the oil pan is self explanatory.

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you have to take the stator case off to take the oil pan off or take some bolt out from it i think i did the same thing but im ooking at it and dont know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts