Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new HK USP .45 for myself and the gf wanted a Ruger LCP .380 for pocket carry. Taking them out tomorrow to shoot 'em.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, back from shooting a few hundred rounds through the USP. Now let me start off by saying that I'm not a fanboy of any brand of firearm, I love them all. Shooting my USP for the first time blew my expectations out of the water, it was extremely accurate and very controllable. The recoil reducing spring set-up they designed into the firearm works very well, the firearm recoils up and slightly back but it is pretty light compared to the snappiness of the .40 in my G22. I can't say enough about the accuracy, I was using blazer ammo and I was dead nuts on what I was aiming at. I'm sure if I used top shelf ammo it would be a gdamn lazer gun. I had absolutely no problems with the 200+ rounds I fired this afternoon, and I don't foresee having any problems thousands of rounds later. The only issue I have is the trigger pull in DA mode, it's a very long pull, but SA mode is great, I'm sure a trigger job would make it just fine.
All in all I am happy about purchasing the firearm, and the price tag does not bother me. It is expensive, but to me, well worth it. Any other questions you may have, ask, and I'll answer the best I can.

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
Congrats on the new guns. Was the H&K new? The serial number doesn't look too far off of mine, and I've always assumed that mine was kinda old.

The H&K is a great gun. If I had to pay out of pocket, I'd be torn, because the Glock 21 is also a great gun for about half the price, it's almost as good as the H&K.

I still love the H&K, it's what I trust my life to on a daily basis.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Ok, back from shooting a few hundred rounds through the USP. Now let me start off by saying that I'm not a fanboy of any brand of firearm, I love them all. Shooting my USP for the first time blew my expectations out of the water, it was extremely accurate and very controllable. The recoil reducing spring set-up they designed into the firearm works very well, the firearm recoils up and slightly back but it is pretty light compared to the snappiness of the .40 in my G22. I can't say enough about the accuracy, I was using blazer ammo and I was dead nuts on what I was aiming at. I'm sure if I used top shelf ammo it would be a gdamn lazer gun. I had absolutely no problems with the 200+ rounds I fired this afternoon, and I don't foresee having any problems thousands of rounds later. The only issue I have is the trigger pull in DA mode, it's a very long pull, but SA mode is great, I'm sure a trigger job would make it just fine.
All in all I am happy about purchasing the firearm, and the price tag does not bother me. It is expensive, but to me, well worth it. Any other questions you may have, ask, and I'll answer the best I can.
Good to hear. :cheers

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats on the new guns. Was the H&K new? The serial number doesn't look too far off of mine, and I've always assumed that mine was kinda old.

The H&K is a great gun. If I had to pay out of pocket, I'd be torn, because the Glock 21 is also a great gun for about half the price, it's almost as good as the H&K.

I still love the H&K, it's what I trust my life to on a daily basis.
Yes, bought it new. I'm sure that it sat with a distributor for awhile though, then sat at the shop I bought it from. Spent casing package says it was collected Nov. 17th 2009, so I'm assuming the build date is somewhere in the beginning of Nov.

·
Registered
74 Posts
nice! if SOCOM uses em, they gotta be tough as hell, I've always wanted a USP Tactical, but decided to go FN instead because of the cost.

happy shooting

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how did the ruger shoot. i am gonna be picking up my micro desert eagle 380 soon which is comparable in size.
The Ruger shot pretty good, a little snappy. Hard to acquire a target though because the way the sights are built into the slide and how small they are. Going to paint the front sight white to fix that issue. The trigger pull is LONG but that's because of the absence of a safety. It's fucking tiny too, I wasn't any good with it because my hands are so big I could only put 3 fingers on it, including the trigger. Another thing, when it ejects the spent shells, it tended to eject them straight up, and they ended up hitting me in the face or head on the way down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts