Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on 03 1K forks and brakes , Marvic Penta 1's , Brembo superbike rotors and a new set of Diablo Corsa's .

Dave

·
Premium Member
73,234 Posts
looks good man! how do you like the 03 front end as opposed to the 02?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Nice man very nice.....whee did you get the k3 forks? Ebay? The Marvic's are sweet.....nice to see someone modding the original 1K and not just getting a smallish K5

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
Nice man very nice.....whee did you get the k3 forks? Ebay? The Marvic's are sweet.....nice to see someone modding the original 1K and not just getting a smallish K5
i have an extra set of stock 03 forks that for the right price i could be tempted to sell.. they are mint with about 1200 miles on them..

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Gravy!!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Bikes lookin' darn good Dave. I really like what you've done.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Very nice....

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So far cant say much difference . Still getting things set up though . Most of it was my old forks need to be freshen up and the gold was wearing a bit . Bought these cheaper than buying parts .

Dave

·
Registered
236 Posts
So far cant say much difference . Still getting things set up though . Most of it was my old forks need to be freshen up and the gold was wearing a bit . Bought these cheaper than buying parts .

Dave
hey, does the 03 fork just fix right up to 01 without any modifications??i thought it would require you to change the brake rotors, and 03 front wheel....do you need??

anyway thts looks nice, wish you could share on how you go about doing this....

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To put the 03 forks on you just need 10mm spacers for the calipers , 70mm bolts to install the calipers ( 10mm longer ) , a 03 front fender and a set of 03 brake lines . You can use the 01 triples , axle , wheel and rotors . You need the brake lines because the 03's are a couple inches longer than the 01's .

Dave

·
Registered
236 Posts
To put the 03 forks on you just need 10mm spacers for the calipers , 70mm bolts to install the calipers ( 10mm longer ) , a 03 front fender and a set of 03 brake lines . You can use the 01 triples , axle , wheel and rotors . You need the brake lines because the 03's are a couple inches longer than the 01's .

Dave
damn....it looks real awesome with those 03 fork...thats fierce looking bike...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've been considering doing that swap myself. Are the brakes noticeably better? I figure the 04 forks are the same, how about the 05?

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pipe is a full Ti Graves . Really Graves is just a rebadged Ti Force with a different mount . Works good though .

Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts