Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I get sold the right pingel? My oem has three connections for hoses....the pingel only has two....is this okay? If it is what does the third hose connect to....

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Oh sorry, didn't quite understand your questions, no prob, yes you can use the pingle shown as long as you have the proper adapter plate for that model . on the oem model the one in the middle use a vaccum to open the diaphram(sp) to allow the fuel to flow, as with the pingle all you ahve to do is move the lever to the on position.

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Papi I got one of those ordered for my bike too (has a reserve) My gastank is different than yours though. My petcock is to the rear close to the rear shock. You might want to ask around and see if that one you have will work still since it has the reserve tube on it.Good Luck

Bobbychet

·
Registered
436 Posts
thats the EXACT pingel i installed on my 96 1100...i didnt plug up the vacuum hose though...maybe the guy at the bike shop did while tuning it up...he said i had a vacuum leak! the only problem is with the lever being so short! you need to rigg something up to shut it off and on...unless your petcock mounts in the back like bobbychet's (thats why he said he can reach up under the subframe and turn his off)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im having second thoughts about throwing this thing on...

it doesnt seem worth it. hell i even dreamt about the damn thing last night... i wont be able to reach it and then i have to bore out the diameter of the tube just to get it to fit in the tank and then i have to constantly turn the thing on and off or i'll flood it, vaccum problems...seems like its going to be more of a headache than anything else...

what are the supposed benefits of the pingel?

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
It'll be nice having a reserve ,just in case.If this one works out ,I'll have my old that doesn't have a reserve up for sale soon!
Bobbychet

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Papi if your just using stock carbs then maybe just rebuild the old OEM petcock.
I'm using Keihins which use more fuel thus needing greater flow.Just try not to turn the OEM petcock to various positions all the time, they wear out quickly.
Bobbychet

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i would like to get my hands on some 39s right now i have the mikuni 38s but i would like to bump it up a notch....BAMM

bobby did you get my pm on the screws?

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
If your gonna do the 39's then do the Pingel mod, you'll need it.
Yes I got your PM, still have em there not going anywhere.
Bobbychet

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
ebay, I think you can still get them from sudco new. I bought mine off ebay for 500, but they needed 400 dollars in rebuild parts so I might as well have bought them new.

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Better off new since you know how old they are and how much use.I think they are also calibrated before sold as new.Around $900.00 new
Bobbychet

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.