Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends,

I know this question has been up on the forum before, but not recently, so I make a new post about it.

I'm currently repainting a few fairings for my L7 GSX-R YSF, but problem is the recipe that the Glasurit computer (and website) gives us is no way near a good color match to the oem painted parts.

My question is therefore if anyone has made their own recipe for Glasurit paint and had a good result.

Before you drop links where paint can be ordered online please note that I'm located in Sweden and would prefer to mix the paint ourself in the paint shop's mixer computer.

Thanks in advise!

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,583 Posts
Standox used to list their formulations online and I'd copied all of them for the K6 1000. But that was many years ago, well before Suzuki started using YSF, and they've since made them unavailable unless you're one of their partners. You might try looking for someone local to you who has such access. Note "Formulations Online" here.

P.S. I snooped around a bit and YSF seems to use a tinted clear. That sounds like a significant complication. Might that have something to do with your matching problem?

P.P.S. You're not searching hard enough. See this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okey I've now had a few parts resprayed in the correct color tone! It's quite an difficult paint to get to match, to say at least!

I found an motorcycle paint company in Germany who sold me mixed paint.

Webshop motorradlack.de

Part code 59-2174-3

Base coat and tinter.

It's quite big difference between 1, 2 and 3 layers of the effect, over the base color.
We did three samples and found that 2 layers of effect gave a very near perfect color match to the oem painted fairings! :)

I'll post pictures shortly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
erk_speed
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing