Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
HA! I've been wondering about that very thing! I make several trips to SoCal every year and every bike I see rides between cars to the front of the line at every intersection. I would love to do that here in Oklahoma but I'm not sure it it's legal....

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
me and 3 buddies were riding one day down a main street here in town(speed limit 35)we take off from the light rather quickly, riding down this street about 50 or so well the guy in the back of the pack decides to pull a stand up and pass us all.. gotta say, it looked good! well as he passes me (2nd in line) we pass a cop sitting with his radar gun on..... needless to say we were all pulled over within the minute. the cop gets out of his car and goes to my friend Sean doing the stand up, gives him a little attitude asking for his license, he looks at it, kind of props himself on his car and says, you know, you really shouldnt be doing that kind of riding here in town, especially on a main street, but i do have to admit, that was a cool wheelie, you guys have a nice day....
now thats a cool cop!!!

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
My mate Matt was riding home from work one night and was hearing a strange noise. He pulled into his street, took his helmet off and rode along at 5mph trying to find the noise. He didn't realise there was a copper behind him

"You wear a helmet on your head, not your arm"

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One time my cousin and I were out riding and my cousin did a big wheelie beside me and when finally brought it down we had blue and red lights behind us. Aparently there was a Harley bike cop behind us. He comes up and says "you know I should be hauling you off to jail, but I wont if you teach how to do that on my Ninja" we couldnt beleive it, so we told him how he should try and do it and he left us go.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Alright guys, you are really letting me down. I hope I am not the only one who doesn't stop for the blue lights. I thought you always had to ride to the front of the stop light on a bike. Man we ride these things for a reason, dont stoppa for no coppa. Man down here we look for the chase. when I go to DFW it is even worse we lok for em then we ride a stand up right by em and honk our horns. Gotta have some fun once in a while, and you know the cops get off on a good chase. I have heard em talk about it for days. Oh well thats my 2 cents, take it or leave it. Hey guys remember rubber side down guys. POLICE

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: KDUB ]

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: KDUB ]</p>

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I rode a weelie by a cop once. He finnally cought up to me while i was aking a leak behind a building. HE take my liscence and everything an dgoes back to his car. I thoght he was giving me at tickit for pissing in public. He comes back with 2 tickets for teh wheelie.He hands them to me tells me The only reason i worte these tickits is because my sargents in the car with me so just plead not guily ,ill take care of them and that was the longest wheelie i have ever sean.

·
Registered
588 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KDUB:
Alright guys, you are really letting me down. I hope I am not the only one who doesn't stop for the blue lights. I thought you always had to ride to the front of the stop light on a bike. Man we ride these things for a reason, dont stoppa for no coppa. Man down here we look for the chase. when I go to DFW it is even worse we lok for em then we ride a stand up right by em and honk our horns. Gotta have some fun once in a while, and you know the cops get off on a good chase. I have heard em talk about it for days. Oh well thats my 2 cents, take it or leave it. Hey guys remember rubber side down guys. POLICE

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: KDUB ]
<hr></blockquote>

I think I'll leave it...it's really not worth commenting on. Give my best to your relatives in advance so we don't have to when we pull your dead ass from a ditch. I just hope when the accident does happen that you are the only one killed and not some innocent person, which never usually is the case, but hey, I can hope right?

Laww

·
Registered
155 Posts
You got it man, i am sick of being harassed and most of the time by the time they decide to commit to a chase you are already in 6th gear tapped and about 2 miles ahead of them. So i am not saying risk getting hurt just pull some Smokey and the Bandit slick shit. See ya on one wheel.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I guess I can understand why you would think that way KDUB. You're right, is sucks that the reason that people run from the cops is BECAUSE they are cops.

I try to give everyone a fair shake and place myself in their shoes...I guess their are just more assholes with badges nowadays, or so it seems from alot of stories on this board. All of the officers that say they are officers in this forum seem to be cool enough people, and I wouldn't mind sharing a beer or six with them.

I don't advocate running, but if you do, then just be mindful not to take it too far. You seem like an intelligent fellow...just be careful out there.

Peace,

Laww

·
Registered
155 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Laww:
I guess I can understand why you would think that way KDUB. You're right, is sucks that the reason that people run from the cops is BECAUSE they are cops.

I try to give everyone a fair shake and place myself in their shoes...I guess their are just more assholes with badges nowadays, or so it seems from alot of stories on this board. All of the officers that say they are officers in this forum seem to be cool enough people, and I wouldn't mind sharing a beer or six with them.

I don't advocate running, but if you do, then just be mindful not to take it too far. You seem like an intelligent fellow...just be careful out there.

Peace,

Laww
<hr></blockquote>

Hey man, glad you understand where I'm coming from. One of my good friends died a few months a go so i know not to take it too far. Another example though. You ought to laugh at this, a cop pulled me over just to see if my headlight had high and low beam and to measure the tread on my tires. Then he wrote me a warning for not having over 50% tread wear by his indicators. That was just sat. and he wouldn't even let me speak and called me lucky that he didn't find anything. I just laughed after he left cause i wasn't worried about it my tires only had about 20 laps at the track on them. i just figured he was some knucklehead having a bad day. Keep it on one wheel.

KDUB

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: KDUB ]</p>

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey man i hear what you are saying but most of the time the cops where i am from love the chase just as much as i do. plus every cop i have ever talked to said if it were him and he was on a bike like that he wouldn't stop either. But that is besides the point, i never ran until one day i got two tickets in a row. both times i pulled over because i had honestly done nothing wrong. One i had just started riding and didn't know anyone, well some guy i didn't know at the time passed me in a wheelie and the cop gave me a ticket for reckless and said that i did it because i wouldn't give him the name of the guy who did. Then a hour later i got a ticket for blinkers being flushmount and he said they weren't bright enough so he wrote me a ticket for that too. Its kind of sad but a few crooked cops screw it up for the ones that are cool. Don't take it the wrong way man, i just don't feel like getting harrassed for no reason anymore. i have stopped for everything before now i just shag to the house and call it quits. Plus i live in a small town and not a metro area. Rubber side down.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have always been harrassed in my car, just because its late or because I'm a younger guy, dont ask me, they were just being dicks, but I've only gotten one ticket from all those worthless stops and it from this Saturday. Some cop just pulled me over for no reason than after he thought something up, he gave me a ticket for my windows being tinted, granted I dont know if they are too dark or not but they were like when I got it 2 and half years ago. Which means no other cop ever said anything when he pulled me over and no one ever said anything at inspection time.
But Whatever?????

·
Registered
588 Posts
Officers that do stuff like that shouldn't have a badge.

There are much more important police duties to be performed than measuring tread on someone's tire. He needs to be slapped up one side of his head and maybe that will help straighten out his priorities a bit.

Peace,

Laww

·
Registered
155 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Laww:
Officers that do stuff like that shouldn't have a badge.

There are much more important police duties to be performed than measuring tread on someone's tire. He needs to be slapped up one side of his head and maybe that will help straighten out his priorities a bit.

Peace,

Laww
<hr></blockquote>

I think right now for some reason they have it for us. Oh well mabe partially becasue one of the corporals was trying to learn how to ride wheelies one day and looped out. Not my fault though i didn't tell the bonehead to dump the clutch sitting still on a new 750. Some people just rush things to fast. Take it easy man. i think with cops like you i need to come ride in your state. Keep it real and as always, rubber side down.

·
Registered
155 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GSXRMAN01:
It seems to me that the only descent cops that I meet are ones that have bikes. There are 2 state troopers that ride with my group once and a while, they both have hyabusas (spelling isnt my strong point) and they ride just as fast and do just as many wheelies as us. I love when they come with, because I dont worry about getting pulled over since they could probably get us out of it.

But then I live in a rural area where all the cops have coplexes and are power hungry because they got picked on and beat up on in school or wherever and now they want revenge on the world and harras the hell out of everyone.

I got pulled over down the street from my house the other night.

I passed this cop going the opposite direction late at night and he turned around in the middle of the road to follow me, so I was cool and stayed right on the speed limit, he followed me for about 3 miles then pulled me over and said he just wanted to check to see if I was drinking because he noticed me driving eratic, yeah right, then he asks me where I'm headed, and I pointed and said right there (my house about 4 house down the street) and he like ok no problem just wanted to check. DICK
If I was driving funny ok, but I saw him the whole time following me. DICK
<hr></blockquote>

Yep, that is my problem man. Small town with a bunch of cops with little man syndrome. Keep it real man. Here's a good one man, i do this all the time. Rig your headlight and taillight to your high beam switch so when you go to low beam you lose both of them. Then the next time a cop takes off after one of your friends kill your lights and just follow him a little ways back. Then when he is already out of his car and talking to them pass him in a wheelie honking your horn. That shit is too funny, I have seen officers drop their ticket book trying to figure out what to do about it. Take it easy man.

G

·
Well, this may be hard to believe, but I've come to like the police alot more since I started riding.

I can't count the number of times I've done wheelies & endoes right in front of the police (rarely intentional, however). I also can't count one time I've been pulled over for it
I've gotten the 'you know you shouldn't be doing that' finger-point, 'you know you shouldn't be doing that' disapproving look, and even the 'you know you shouldn't be doing that, but it was cool' thumbs up, but I've NEVER been pulled over!
I've also been pulled over for not wearing eye protection (a couple times I got caught out at night with my tinted visor), no turn signals, etc. All let me off after the usual 'so, how do you like that bike' query.

I have had a couple bad moments... a couple of speeding tickets, and one cop who freaked out on me for scrubbing in my tires on a deserted stretch of highway (idiot), but for the most part, the police have been super-cool (here in Phoenix, AZ as a plug for our local PDs).

I like to attribute this to the fact that I NEVER pull these stunts where I might endanger other drivers or pedestrians, and I NEVER overstep my bounds on the (public). Oh wait, did I forget to mention luck

I have run in the past... If I see a cop try to turn around on me after clocking me at 120+, I'll probably try to hit a side road & shag home rather than risk losing my license, going to jail, but that's only because if I DO pull over, I'll still get the same punishment. At least running I have a chance. But I WILL NOT place the public in danger to avoid a little trouble. I won't blaze through residential neighborhoods or school zones, do high speed turns in shopping mall parking lots, etc.

Cops, for the most part, enjoy the same type of activities that we, as a sportbiking community, share. Hell, there are alot of cops on this forum alone.

And, as a final note to my local Phoenix AZ lawmen... I'm the guy on the yellow/blk gixxer that just pulled a 12-o-clock past your window. Please remember that I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...

Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts